70-73 stub frame bushings

Has a search been done for NOS bushings?
What is the part number? or numbers
Some one has a NOS one...measure it - as already suggested

The smaller bottom side ones have 3466018 number on them, but I couldn't come up with anything. The assembly with the sleeve and washer likely used a different number anyway.
In the mean time I've been doing some rust repair. Years ago someone patched the driver side floor with a flat piece of galvanized that was rivited in, with the old metal underneath. I hated how it looked so I cut that out and made a reasonable copy of the original going by what was left there. The piece of 18ga I had wasn't big enough to do the whole thing at once, so I have to do the lower firewall separate. I'm no expert metal guy, just trying to get it back together somewhat decent.

You can see what was left of the body mount "box" after I cut it off, which wasn't much. That hole in the bottom is where the inner bushing went, the outer one was completely gone.

floor.jpg

mount.jpg

firewall.jpg

Is anyone with a removed frame able to take a few measurements for me? The fsm doesn't really show the dimension for the rear body mount area. It gives the references for the holes, but not the frame itself. I'm wondering about the height of frame at the very back, and the distance where it starts to taper down for the rear body mount from the torsion bar cross member since I have to make those arears from scratch pretty much.

Also as you can see above the body mount has the hole left for the inner mount, but the outer one is completely gone. Is the outer hole about the same distance from the edge as the outer?

1970 frame dimensions.jpg

Anybody able to measure the back of the later style frame for me? I have the body mount areas and floor pretty much done, working on the frame next.

Anybody able to measure the back of the later style frame for me? I have the body mount areas and floor pretty much done, working on the frame next.
I'm taking the Newport out of the garage this weekend, which will give me access to my replacement stub. I'll take the measurements for you and report back.

There is something bad in the water here...and ship has sunk
You all express a need for stub bushings and how to remake them and blah blah blah but apparently have never looked up the part numbers and went looking for them.:realcrazy:

I looked these up in the 1970-71 parts book to help the apparently helpless car owners with no where to turn.

You know the book that show pictures and everything about all the parts:wideyed:

insert isolator, body hold down 23-05-25
2 of each

isolator 23-05-10

bolts 23-05-01

spacer 23-05-36

Quit whining and go look for the parts:BangHead:
You are welcome

Back