For Sale 70 Monaco 500 FK5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew! Glad you finally received it! I have learned over the years when truckers do the stuff this one has done to you, there isn't much you can do about it but wait it out with a positive outlook. It usually ends well, but well delayed. I also have a few brokers and individual truckers I use these days to minimize this kind of b.s., but then again, I won't be doing much if any more of this except to take them out of here, not bring anymore in. Times up!

Hope the Monaco can provide you with what you need.

Last edited:
This car is far to clean to cut up. Lee is truly an ******* for doing this to the car. I'm stuck in a rock and a hard place.

Rust?:bs_flag::bs_flag::bs_flag::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

20190405_123255.jpg

20190405_123245.jpg

20190405_123441.jpg

20190405_123433.jpg

20190405_123340.jpg

20190405_123308.jpg

20190405_123418.jpg

20190405_123356.jpg

20190405_123352.jpg

20190405_123349.jpg

Wyatt, you indicated that there was some minimal rust around the rear window in addition to the right rear quarter panel - I am not seeing it? Also, what is going on with the ribs in the trunk near the rear of the trunkpan? Is that JB Weld or something covering up some rust? Certainly a fixable car with minimum effort it seems to me as well.

But also the car was a poor business case if he had gone ahead and fixed the rust, fixed all the dents, black painted areas and painted it, put it back together and then tried to sell it for a profit. Too bad he embarked on the path he did in the first place.

Wyatt, you indicated that there was rust around the rear window besides the right rear quarter panel - I am not seeing it? Also, what is going on with the ribs in the trunk near the rear of the trunkpan? Is that JB Weld or something covering up some rust? Certainly a fixable car with minimum effort it seems to me as well.
No rust through in the trunk.

But what is going on in the spot I mentioned - someone just tried to cover up some rust, even though it was not through the floor? Just wondering?
I'm really not sure where you mean exactly. I looked it over pretty good. Lots of factory seam sealer

I'm really not sure where you mean exactly. I looked it over pretty good. Lots of factory seam sealer

In your trunk floor photo, looking just forward of where the latch is mounted - gray looking stuff there kind of smeared around.

I have had cars with better looking trunk floors that an ice pick went through easily. Given that I was told by the guy that sold that car to Lee that it was a western car its whole existence, the rust out in the right quarter lower is likely due to water accumulation maybe due to a plugged drain hole, and if water got there via the trunk, then the trunk floor probably isn't great either.

I would just recommend you use the car for your immediate purposes rather than try to resurrect it given where it is at today. Even if that other Monaco is available at Mopar City. I would rather see one of your other cars completed and restored nicely with what this one could provide.

Last edited:
I'll take California rust any day over Minnesota rust. Dude never should have taken apart the car as soon as he saw a rusty quarter panel. It may have been a poor business choice to try to save this one, but starting out with a C body is always a losing endeavour for the pocketbook. He should have grabbed a 300H or a 70/71 SFGT to fatten his wallet.

This cars future is whatever Wyatt wants it to be...

2597.jpg

:poke::poke::poke:

I'll take California rust any day over Minnesota rust. Dude never should have taken apart the car as soon as he saw a rusty quarter panel. It may have been a poor business choice to try to save this one, but starting out with a C body is always a losing endeavour for the pocketbook. He should have grabbed a 300H or a 70/71 SFGT to fatten his wallet.

This cars future is whatever Wyatt wants it to be...

View attachment 275798

:poke::poke::poke:

It's going back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back