71 4dr Sports Fury needs a new vinyl roof, who makes the best one?

Holy sheeeit...I thought things were in a mess over here in Australia, seems like you guys are in just as much trouble as us!!!

From the guys at Newstalgia, I ordered a new top, carpets and roof lining....basically I am screwed!!

Matt

Thank you for the order sir. We are currently having some challenges with production and shipping.

The United States has a ban on USPS items being shipped to Australia at the moment. We aren’t sure when that ban will be lifted.

The other issues are the carpet department has been shutdown due to covid and staffing challenges. All items are going to be removed from the website. You can probably get the carpet you need from stockinteriors.com.

2nd issue: The vinyl top you ordered. The material not the original material. Is that what you intended?

If so that’s not a problem but we wanted to verify it. The original is boar grain.

The other issue is the queue to make the tops is really backed up right now and it’s currently taking us about 10 weeks to make the tops. There are fewer people working, supply issues and a lot of orders in front of you.

If you want it shipped sooner, we can put the two heatsealed seams in it and send it out untrimmed (rectangle shaped).

Normally we trim off the excess material as part of the production but that’s the queue that’s really backed up right now.

So to summarize we can send it out two different ways. Rough trimmed (the normally produced way) and that will take 10 weeks lead time. We can send it out untrimmed and that will take 2-3 weeks lead time.

No of that lead time includes transit.

I know it’s a lot of information, we just wanted to communicate what was going on instead of just processing the order blindly as it was entered.

Once it's on, i've been told certain care products are NOT recommended. Anything petroleum based, i.e. Armor-all or similar products are bad. They seep through the vinyl and affect the bonding agent used to seal the top to the roof. Appreciate the thread, as someone who is in the market to replace the missing black vinyl top for my Polara

Back