71 Dodge Polara Brougham coupe

I did bring the 69 home to Belvidere Assembly before stripping her out. It really kills me that I can't save this H code Sport Fury Convertible. It happens to F5 green just like my fathers 71 that started my illness years ago. The guy said it had slotted mags and the "383" ended up being a 67 HP 440. This car was someones toy at one point. But wrapping the backseat and trunk with blankets literally killed the structure...except a small floor patch in the exact spot the Polara happens to need. Lucky me Console is very nice surprisingly needs one spot fixed, but the top plates and shifter are all there and not very pitted. Buckets need redone but very good cores. I'm considering parting ways with the 69 stuff but the 70 and up console is probably not going to fall into my lap like this one did. A lot of things need to be changed for me to do this swap. Including changing the dash frame. This is a non ac car so it has no vents. Got a lot of work to do tomorrow. Maybe I'll have my mind made up by then. Oh and incase you are curious. The truck we got this time was a F250 Super Duty 6.7 Powestroke. With the special at enterprise you don't really get a choice. Didn't like it much and I feel like the Hemi was more responsive when I needed it, thats kinda sad because its diesel and the fury was missing drivetrain.

20170219_084935.jpg

20170219_085033.jpg

I did bring the 69 home to Belvidere Assembly before stripping her out. It really kills me that I can't save this H code Sport Fury Convertible. It happens to F5 green just like my fathers 71 that started my illness years ago. The guy said it had slotted mags and the "383" ended up being a 67 HP 440. This car was someones toy at one point. But wrapping the backseat and trunk with blankets literally killed the structure...except a small floor patch in the exact spot the Polara happens to need. Lucky me Console is very nice surprisingly needs one spot fixed, but the top plates and shifter are all there and not very pitted. Buckets need redone but very good cores. I'm considering parting ways with the 69 stuff but the 70 and up console is probably not going to fall into my lap like this one did. A lot of things need to be changed for me to do this swap. Including changing the dash frame. This is a non ac car so it has no vents. Got a lot of work to do tomorrow. Maybe I'll have my mind made up by then. Oh and incase you are curious. The truck we got this time was a F250 Super Duty 6.7 Powestroke. With the special at enterprise you don't really get a choice. Didn't like it much and I feel like the Hemi was more responsive when I needed it, thats kinda sad because its diesel and the fury was missing drivetrain.

They didn't make very many H code 69 Sport Furies! That's a rare one....it looks pretty rough. It's at least a early mid year car, could you post a photo of the fender tag?

As you wish. Interior is out now, dash came out pretty easy. Good practice for the Polara. Car was probably buried up to the rockers in the mud somewhere with how rough she is.

20170220_231349.jpg

Last edited:
Well the Fury met its fate today. Plenty to help keep others alive though. Also got in touch with the owner of my fathers old Polara that started this whole addiction of mine and he sent me a few pictures of the car when he owned it. It appears to be wearing 80s Mirada/Cordoba wheels and I don't think its a coincidence that I have a variation of those wheels in the garage I plan on using on my 71...I've said this before. This was meant to be...

20170222_131903.jpg

20170222_114848.jpg

received_1464117426954103.jpeg

received_1464117586954087.jpeg

received_1464117663620746.jpeg

FB_IMG_1480747672133.jpg

20161230_083130.jpg

Well. The city already doesn't like the Polara. Found out about that day before we picked up the Fury. So the it had to be in and out. I am moving in with buddy in a month in or so and the Polara will be in a garage where she belongs and Rockford can focus on the homicides and gang activity in my area over old project cars sitting in a driveway...

1487357377534.temp1.jpg

Old cars in driveways are the gateway to neighborhood gangs. :p
Apparently so! Just find it unsettling. My Cordoba sat next to the garage for 2 years. As did my 78 Lebaron. All of a sudden the Polara is an issue. But the homicide 1 driveway down is still unsolved. The Rockford Police dont care what do in our driveway, its the city and probably nosey neighbors. Its okay I will comply. If they want me to put the bumper back on the car and a valid plate I will just so they dont try to "remove it" Ha over my dead body is someone taking my Dodge.

Got the buckets and console in the basement ready to be tore down and recovered. They look exactly like charger buckets from the pictures I've seen. Hoping to use the legendary foam and installation kit when the time comes. Also have one spot on the console to address . Not sure what they had mounted to it but they sure hacked it up pretty good. Gonna patch and epoxy it back together the best I can and maybe cover it with leather or vinyl to hide the repair.

20170223_233518.jpg

20170223_234003.jpg

I know they do. There is still a chance a bench goes in the car. I wish badly I could come across the 70-72 Console and buckets.

Since you asked ....... and as you probably know, the console body is the same. The top is the variation .
DSCF0170.JPG
DSCF0171.JPG
DSCF0172.JPG
DSCF0173.JPG
DSCF0208.JPG
DSCF0205.JPG
DSCF0201.JPG
DSCF0207.JPG
DSCF0206.JPG

Wow. That interior is immaculate!

Thank you.... it is the nicest original white 71 dodge/ plymouth set I've seen

You're moving faster than I am . I now have two sets of high back buckets. Both need to be restored but I only need one restored the other I will cut loose when ready

Thank you.... it is the nicest original white 71 dodge/ plymouth set I've seen

You're moving faster than I am . I now have two sets of high back buckets. Both need to be restored but I only need one restored the other I will cut loose when ready
Can I be first in line on those Dave? Console as well? I will stick with what I have for now but when I am sick of hearing how I have the wrong seats and console in my car, I'm sure I'll want to make it correct. Looking into foams and seat covers now. Found one set that matches my backseat pretty close. Not exact but close.

Of course.... The console is in the garage attic. When dad's car is out from Winter hibernation I can get it down and get some close up photos. It's not perfect but it's not bad either.

Hoping for Carlisle in 18. Just dont see it going together fast enough to make it this year, but ya never know. I've been thinking alot about attacking the pillars and trunk pan and getting her sealed up and then get her running and driving and mechanially sound before I start the bodywork. It is wearing all of its original paint except the door...

That's why I have to have a driver.....projects ....I have no patience for projects

Back