71 Dodge Polara Brougham coupe

Theres another driver in the works...stay tuned for that. In the meantime got the car into our tiny garage this afternoon. Now the city can worry about the real issues instead of harassing me about this vehicle that holds historical value in the Rockford/Belvidere area. Now she's inside and not exposed to water leaking in anymore...time to get that rear window out so I can see how bad it really is. My hopes arent very high.

20170225_152215.jpg

Hoping for Carlisle in 18. Just dont see it going together fast enough to make it this year, but ya never know. I've been thinking alot about attacking the pillars and trunk pan and getting her sealed up and then get her running and driving and mechanially sound before I start the bodywork. It is wearing all of its original paint except the door...

Git her running, and come on to Carlisle anyway. It don't hafta be finished. My unfinished car will be there too.

Got out in the garage today and got the #s motor on a stand. Popped off the oil pan and found the rest of my headliner!

20170305_144245.jpg

20170305_144241.jpg

Or you could drive any car to Carlisle and walk in and hang with us on the C-Body line.

I am really hoping the block can be saved. I'll flip it over and get it torn down the rest of the way tomorrow evening after work. Gonna need a gallon of pb blaster...:BangHead:
Oh, the block maybe, I was talking about the headliner.
:rofl:

Went a looked at another parts car today. Was hoping for another potential project, but she is toast. DM23T0R. Will be dragging it home shortly.

Got the 383 apart and it has been hosed and soaked with PB blaster for a little over a week. Slowly coming apart. Cam is rusted in pretty good. Block is looking to be savable. Also got the rear window out of the car to see what I am really up against and I think I am in good shape. Looking at getting the eastwood shrinker and stretcher kit. Seems like a bargin at 150$ and will help match the bends I need to form the corners of the window channel. Has to be exact or the trim wont fit properly and I won't be happy. Got the buckets from the fury tore down and will be ordering foams in a few weeks. I found seat covers that are pretty close to my back seat. Not an exact match but very close and won't be noticable to most,especially with the addition of headrests, and when it drives me crazy they aren't perfect, I will have the rear seat recovered to match the buckets up front. Don't give me too much grief I searched endlessly and they were the closest fit, again lack of aftermarket sucks. Those are on the way. Just doing the little stuff and collecting parts until the weather breaks.

20170318_162029.jpg

20170308_183347.jpg

20170314_205236.jpg

20170311_154042.jpg

Seat.jpg

20170314_210937.jpg

You do find the parts cars holy **** do you find the parts cars.
I have dedicated my mopar illness to these cars. I am giving them my all. I dont know if its truly a parts car yet. Its bad but I like a challenge. Especially for a 440 Polara.

Back