71 Dodge Polara Brougham coupe

upload_2017-3-19_20-1-16.png

Non vinyl-top!! Nice!!!

I am going to determine weather or not it is savable when I get it out of the ground. Its really rough and someone filled it full of bondo at somepoint. Tag pic when its home.

I disagree that a 440 needs to be preserved more than a small block ... that is the same as saying a convertible needs to be saved more than a four door... they all should be saved, obviously they all can't be but engine size shouldn't matter

I will be in the ground with my Polara. Gonna need a few plots

I used to say that to young buck but youll eventually change your tune. Youll want the car to live on and youll realize you want to be spread around somewhere or in the ground next to your life long best girl with a good hillside view

I used to say that to young buck but youll eventually change your tune. Youll want the car to live on and youll realize you want to be spread around somewhere or in the ground next to your life long best girl with a good hillside view
Yeah I know. Need to find one that is worthwhile. It will probably end up in my future sons hands. When that day comes. But if I am old and senile and lonely...thats another story.

No real updates besides the uncovering of what I hope to be the last area of rot. Got the windshield out and found some on the cowl. Good thing the Sport Furys firewall is hanging around still and has most of what I will need there. The dash has been removed as well. Also started cleaning up the bucket seat frames from the Fury. Just collecting little stuff here and there and trying to line up a day to get my parts car. Its very hard working in the tiny one car garage I have. Talked to a guy about dustless blasting the inside and whats left of the trunk. What do you guys think?
Also, I've been distracted by an 05 Magnum RT I literally saved from the crusher. It came into our Junkyard as a "totalled" theft recovery. Turn key 5.7 hemi. Pretty much brand new front end. Struts, UCAs and LCAs. Needs re aligned. A rack and tie rods. Also got some SRT8 wheels and straight pipes off an 06 SRT Charger we just parted out. Its got high miles, 177k, but runs like a top and the oil is spotless. Not to mention I work at a junkyard. But for the out the door price with rebuilt title rims and exhaust it was hard to say no when I've been looking for a new driver. Just a small Easter update. Hoping for parts car in May!

20170412_173111.jpg

20170412_174603.jpg

20170409_150926.jpg

20170415_131641.jpg

20170413_185754.jpg

Ive said it before, I will say it again, Im glad you got this car.

I test drove an 05 Magnum R/T in 2008 or so. I was extremely impressed with the car but they wouldnt budge on the price. Then I realized I absolutely loved the 08 front end on the Magnum and never did land one.

You are living the old school life I would have like to have tried when I was a kid :thumbsup:

I'm glad I got it as well. It does have alot of rust I didnt know or think it would have initially, but at the same time its not terrible compared to whats left out there. I've been paying close attention to whats left out there and the rust repair it needs is pretty common and could be much much worse. I am just glad its in the garage and out of the elements. I have been focusing on the interior and collecting all the parts I am gonna need because after the metal work is complete its time for re assembly and the 440 so I can have a driver until I can afford the paint and body work.

20170224_143223.jpg

20170224_143031.jpg

20170225_103443.jpg

20170221_230627.jpg

20170314_213621.jpg

Hey guys. The 71 has been sitting in the garage all summer. Not having much space at home really makes it impossible to accomplish much on it. I've been just collecting small interior items and keeping my eyes peeled for parts cars. The Polara will be going to my job into a corner garage we don't really use and I am attacking the metal work very soon. The Magnum has kept me sane. But I am getting the itch to get the 71 moving for next summer. I'd like to do Carlisle in 18.

I tried trading the Magnum for a 67 Monaco 500. 383-2. Buckets console car with power windows. It was presentable, but the poorly patched trunk and rotten front stub made me drive the Magnum 3 hours back home. Was supposed to be and even trade. I would've gotten the short end of the stick. Pictures made the Monaco look like a $5000 car. In person, not so much.

0823171933_HDR.jpg

1503169440109.jpg

1503169395914.jpg

Back