'71 Fury III sedan, 43k miles survivor

goldfish65

Reaction score
008.JPG
Hi I'm David, finally back in the Mopar game after 3+ long years away. It is a sickness with me, everything aligned to induce me to buy this Sherwood Green beauty. It's my first fuselage body style, though I always coveted the distinctive floating ride they have. It has a few small issues that I'll address slowly, not looking to pour money into it. Hoping to get the paint buffed out this weekend and post some pics of the results! Here's how it looks now...

My thanks (or blame haha!) go to member Golden Banana for posting the CL ad on here. It's so good to have a Mopar again and I might not have seen the ad if not for him.

Last edited:
004.JPG
006.JPG
And here are some pics of the interior after I cleaned it with GoJo (original formula) and treated it with 303 Protectant. Those products were recommended by FCBO members. I think a second treatment will make it look even better. Speaking of the interior, three of my window mechanisms are screwed up so that will be a project.

Last edited:
Hi David

you got a lovely Fury right there! I'm not a big fan of Fuselage Sedans when it comes to Chrysler or Imperial. But Dodges and especially Furys look sooo cool with the post! Congratulations! It's seems to be a sweet survivor!

Congrats on the car and most importantly hopefully beating back the illness you mentioned:thumbsup:

Thank you for the warm welcome of The Fury. I don't know that I'll name it something else. I am upset this morning to find the carpet is very wet from the rain. It must be the weatherstrip has shrunk over the years. I have some new weatherstrip on the way that I ordered. I must fix this situation.

By GoJo do you mean the hand cleaner or is there some other product? It looks like it did a very nice job.

By GoJo do you mean the hand cleaner or is there some other product? It looks like it did a very nice job.

Yes, GoJo hand cleaner (not the kind with pumice.) I heard about it from a FABO member I believe. I just used my fingers to spread it around evenly, not using too much, then taking a soft nylon brush, the kind for washing dishes, dipped in a big bucket of clean water, shaking off most of the water, and scrubbing gently. Then I used damp terry cloth towels to wipe away the soap and dirt. I kept rinsing the towels in clean water, wringing them out and going over the seats till no more grime showed up. It's best to use as little water as possible. Once it was completely dry, I used 303 Aerospace Protectant, that someone here recommended. It's great stuff!

Here's my fender tag, I'm pretty sure my car is nothing special, but if anyone feels like deciphering it, that would be very
001.JPG
cool.

I do know it was built in Newark, DE.

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I've been having a hard time finding the 303 AP.

Welcome back and with a very nice car.

View attachment 93222 View attachment 93223 And here are some pics of the interior after I cleaned it with GoJo (original formula) and treated it with 303 Protectant. Those products were recommended by FCBO members. I think a second treatment will make it look even better. Speaking of the interior, three of my window mechanisms are screwed up so that will be a project.
GoJo also works great on softening up weather-stripping. Been using it for years to install windows, the lanolin really helps old rubber moldings.

I had a guy buff/wax the Fury, it came out pretty good. Today I did a little hand-waxing, still more paint comes off on the cloth, seems like it's getting pretty thin. Will do a search, maybe there's a wax that doesn't have that effect.

Also fixed a small tear in the vinyl seat with Bish's Tear Mender. Seems to be good stuff. There's a YouTube demonstration.
003.JPG
005.JPG

The Fury has electronic ignition, new belts and valve cover gaskets. I drove it to Atlanta and back home, no problems and 16 mpg on the interstate. The best thing is my friend there got my tail lights working, the headlight switch wasn't connected right. He had to tear apart the whole instrument cluster and lower the steering column! Now I can drive at night, that is a huge improvement.

Sadly it's a day to remember, my Dad passed away at 80. A smarter and better Dad there never was. He's in a better place now.
194.JPG
097.JPG

Dang that is tuff stuff to swallow,,I am sorry.

Back