71 fury Wagon Springs

cbendure

Reaction score
Looking for leaf springs for my 71 fury 2 wagon. Where's the best place to get them and all the hardware?

image.jpg

Looking for leaf springs for my 71 fury 2 wagon. Where's the best place to get them and all the hardware?
:welcome:. I assume you mean your Custom Suburban wagon. No Fury II wagons. :poke:

I just replaced my 69 Suburban's leaf springs with a replacement set from St Lewis springs. I was disappointed as they were no better then the originals they replaced. The jury is still out though. Jim at St Lewis spring has bent over backwards to help me remedy the issue. (I tow a 3200 lb vintage camper). He sent a pair of HD secondary main leafs and longer bolts to me at no extra charge. I hope to install them this coming week.

They worked well until I hooked the trailer up, (but then so did my original springs. Car only has 80K miles on it). Cost was $380.00 including $90.00 shipping to Alabama.
Will keep y'all informed with the results.

Peters Spring in Baltimore.

1. Peters Springs Inc
    Auto Spring Shop

Address: 400 Ensor St, Baltimore, MD 21202
    Phone (410) 685-0606

Reviews
    photo.jpg

"They do quality work in a very timely manner!"
    photo.jpg

"...machine shop front end department they also rebuild steeringboxes..."
    photo.jpg

"I run a towing company and we have used Peters Spring and Alignment for years."

:welcome:. I assume you mean your Custom Suburban wagon. No Fury II wagons. :poke:

I just replaced my 69 Suburban's leaf springs with a replacement set from St Lewis springs. I was disappointed as they were no better then the originals they replaced. The jury is still out though. Jim at St Lewis spring has bent over backwards to help me remedy the issue. (I tow a 3200 lb vintage camper). He sent a pair of HD secondary main leafs and longer bolts to me at no extra charge. I hope to install them this coming week.

They worked well until I hooked the trailer up, (but then so did my original springs. Car only has 80K miles on it). Cost was $380.00 including $90.00 shipping to Alabama.
Will keep y'all informed with the results.
Yeah it's a Custom Surburban. I thought the fury 1 2 3 only classified the engines and options. But u guys would know best. Probabl just says that on the fender due to my grand pa having a accident n having the fender replaced.

I had conversations with St Lewis spring about my application needs also. Turned out I was talking with a salesman who talked a good game but was clueless, ("The book says" kind of guy.)
Jim, the owner and has been in the business for 40 years, apologized and has been very helpful trying to get it right. He said if the car was in the area of his shop he would do the job his self at no charge. There's something to be said about having the service done locally. Although he is supplying parts and shipping at his cost, I still have to do the job myself. Shouldn't be to bad though as everything is recently installed.

No it was a supposed color match due to a accident my grand dad had! Bad bad paint match. Runs I. The paint also. I'm having it fixed soon.

I like your car just as it is. If the Admiral would have been in that condition I would have left it alone.
Looks like the entire front clip was swapped out.

Pretty positive it was the passenger side fender n bumper fix only. I received a called from my mother right after accident cuz I wanted the car ten - fifteen yrs ago. Can still see a slight bend in bottom front ferrying under the bumper where it was straightened out. Or whatever u call that body piece under the bumper. I know the Hood is the original. Only the fenders paint doesn't match N has runs on it from the crappy paint job they let the new guy throw down on it!

Pretty positive it was the passenger side fender n bumper fix only. I received a called from my mother right after accident cuz I wanted the car ten - fifteen yrs ago. Can still see a slight bend in bottom front ferrying under the bumper where it was straightened out. Or whatever u call that body piece under the bumper. I know the Hood is the original. Only the fenders paint doesn't match N has runs on it from the crappy paint job they let the new guy throw down on it!
rookie painters have to practice on some vehicle to be good eventually unfortunately it was yours. blame the guy who did a shitty match on the paint as well.

Back