20211108_140335.jpg
20211108_140343.jpg
20211108_140408.jpg
20211108_140420.jpg
20211108_140449.jpg
20211108_140513.jpg
20211108_140552.jpg
20211108_140605.jpg

Very nice looking New Yorker. Was the restoration done by a shop or did you do it yourself? Maybe you could also share with us how long the total project took? That is lot of nice work!

I see you have the Performance Analysis Company's Auto Temp II controller, so can I assume you got the system working?

You didn't go for an all stock set up but it sure looks nice and those are choices of preference.

The only thing I might suggest changing is the location of the fuel filter and put it close to the fuel pump like the factory did. Should those rubber hoses ever give out I wouldn't want fuel spraying on to the exhaust manifolds.

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy it for many miles!

Last edited:
CH43T1C158344 is a beauty, and one of the very few I have seen with an HLT7 leather interior. Congrats on the restoration, all the more so if the AutoTemp works!

PS: I second @saforwardlook on the fuel filter -- a metal filter is good (as @david hill will tell you, you should avoid plastic filters), but the location puts you at major risk.

CH43T1C158344 is a beauty, and one of the very few I have seen with an HLT7 leather interior. Congrats on the restoration, all the more so if the AutoTemp works!

PS: I second @saforwardlook on the fuel filter -- a metal filter is good (as @david hill will tell you, you should avoid plastic filters), but the location puts you at major risk.
Nice! wow! sweet! awesome! rad!

Fantastic build. Where are you located? It would be cool to see and hear it some time. I am in Toronto.

Absolutely stunning! I love everything about it. Great color combo and options list. The underside looks as good as the shiny side. Fantastic restoration and thanks for sharing the pics.

Very nice looking New Yorker. Was the restoration done by a shop or did you do it yourself? Maybe you could also share with us how long the total project took? That is lot of nice work!

I see you have the Performance Analysis Company's Auto Temp II controller, so can I assume you got the system working?

You didn't go for an all stock set up but it sure looks nice and those are choices of preference.

The only thing I might suggest changing is the location of the fuel filter and put it close to the fuel pump like the factory did. Should those rubber hoses ever give out I wouldn't want fuel spraying on to the exhaust manifolds.

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy it for many miles!
Thanks, I took the car apart in 2006. Luckily I bagged and tagged everything because the car sat for a few years. A shop did the paint job. I removed the front clip and had it powdercoated as well as the inner fenders. Other than the bodywork and paint, I did everything. You caught me on the auto temp system, I have not charged the system yet.

This picture is worth a thousand words. Bumper insert details, trim, and the exhaust tips to boot -- the rear is the best part for me of the 1971 NYer. Great restoration AND great photos. Thank you again for sharing!
20211108_140513-jpg.jpg

That is one beautifully put together car! Love the color combo!

I'm assuming it's a V1Y - Gold vinyl roof ?

HLT7-High level Leather in Saddle Tan
GT8- Tanisian Walnut Metallic

Back