71 New Yorker

Ive gotten plenty of positive comments on the Goodyears on my 70. Im certain they are discontinued as they are 12 years old. I love them though
187134 2010 quarter panel right.jpg

another calgarian....we all need to go terrorize a show next year with C bodys...
nice car..like it....for that car say no to rwl...stick with the 1 in white strip as mentioned above...stay with roadwheels or present set up...looks fine...welcome to the site

I already placed one extra leave on each side because the rear springs were tired..that's as far as the rake goes .I am not trying to turn this code into a hot rod or anything just trying to eliminate some body roll (rear swaybar next). The extra springs does not effect the comfort level but improves the handling quite a bit. A 70'S series tire I'M looks alot better than a 235/75 or a 225/75 as long as a fella keeps a good wall height a slight rake again IMO makes the car even better looking..does anyone out there know a good sight to pick up white/wall 70's series tires (coker?)..I appreciate your folks insight..thanks

If that is what you mean by "slight rake", then I take back my comment fully, as even from the factory when new, the rear ends on fuselage cars seemed to be dragging tail a little, and I also do what I have to to get the "correct" stance (just like yours now in your photos - perfect!). So the addition of a rear leaf or replacing the springs with some that are about 1" higher make the look just right IMO.

I have a friend that took his 1969 300 convertible and almost slammed the car it is so low and he put aftermarket wheels on it with huge blackwalls and headers and flowmasters. I just hate that car now. But he is young and thinks it is cool. And he doesn't comprehend that all his suspension geometry is crap when like that, not to mention bottoming out all the time. It used to be a really nice car until he messed it up. If you really like the RWL tires, at least they are easily replaced if one desires the whitewall. RWLs look more in place on 300s and the Dodges and Plymouths IMO. After all, New Yorkers are supposed to be old mens' cars! :poke: :p

If that is what you mean by "slight rake", then I take back my comment fully, as even from the factory when new, the rear ends on fuselage cars seemed to be dragging tail a little, and I also do what I have to to get the "correct" stance (just like yours now in your photos - perfect!). So the addition of a rear leaf or replacing the springs with some that are about 1" higher make the look just right IMO.

I have a friend that took his 1969 300 convertible and almost slammed the car it is so low and he put aftermarket wheels on it with huge blackwalls and headers and flowmasters. I just hate that car now. But he is young and thinks it is cool. And he doesn't comprehend that all his suspension geometry is crap when like that, not to mention bottoming out all the time. It used to be a really nice car until he messed it up. If you really like the RWL tires, at least they are easily replaced if one desires the whitewall. RWLs look more in place on 300s and the Dodges and Plymouths IMO. After all, New Yorkers are supposed to be old mens' cars! :poke: :p
Yes the rear came up almost an inch and a half...I took the skirts of to me the car looks good with them but I just like to see a little more rim..I also am not a fan of big rims and low profile tires espically on old fashioned American performance /luxury cars..15 inch is best..I had a 73 road runner a few years back when I purchased that looker she came with the 14 inch b body rallyes I found a set of 15 rallyes and wow the car looked so much better..but what ever works for that individual work for that individual ..all the best.

Come on by for coffee anytime. Cochrane Dodge - ask for Graham. Usually take Fridays off. :)
Yes I know you gave me contact info before but I am having issues bringing back that link..I am back to work on Thursday but I will try and make a visit to the dodge dealer..I believe you had some cbodie rallys possible for sale also

Goto your profile page and click on conversations. If you haven't left the conversation I started with you it should still be there.

Yes the rear came up almost an inch and a half...I took the skirts of to me the car looks good with them but I just like to see a little more rim..I also am not a fan of big rims and low profile tires espically on old fashioned American performance /luxury cars..15 inch is best..I had a 73 road runner a few years back when I purchased that looker she came with the 14 inch b body rallyes I found a set of 15 rallyes and wow the car looked so much better..but what ever works for that individual work for that individual ..all the best.

And I took the fender skirts off mine too for the same reason! Very nice.

The 500's look great on the MONACO....there's just something about N.Y'rs smaller rear wheel opening that just doesn't work with them for me.

I got these at America's Tires, and they were even in stock (the tires that is, the wheels I had to order)

.jpg

Back