72 Ply. Fury Wagon Stock Wheel Size?

f1967franche

Reaction score
So- I am transporting a 72 Fury wagon from a gentleman I purchased it from out west back east but before it can roll onto the trailer it needs new tires. The old ones are rotted & I plan to buy a set online, ship them to him, have him install them since he has a tire mounting machine but without taking the old tires off he is not 100% sure what size the actual steel wheels are.

Would they be 15x7 or 15x8 or does it all depend?

I'm trying to figure out what a smart yet cool looking set of tires would be best for the wagon.
Of course I like them as wide as possible, 60 series sidewall for I don't like too much sidewall but as with most I'd like the car to sit low, be able to fit the wheels safely underneath, corner, turn the wheel & have proper clearance when turning or cornering, etc so..

Any feedback would be great.

If stock my thought would be 6.5 inches on a Wagon or a towing package car BUT I've been wrong a million times

The normal sedan wheels were 15x6. I somewhat doubt you'd really feel the difference between the 15x6 and 15x6.5 wheels unless the tire treads were less than 6 inches wide (which would make the sidewalls more vertical than rounded.

If there is enough room in the rear wheel wells, the Rallye 15x7s might fit (4.25" backspacing?) might look neat, being in repro and all of that. These wheels were OEM in 15x6.5 on the 76-era Dodge Charger SE, but would be salvage yard items.

CBODY67

Back