72 Town & Country at Carlisle Auction

Reaction score
This car sold at the Carlisle Pa. Auction On Friday. 10,000 original miles $55,000 dollars plus 7% commission for a total price of $58,850. Unbelievable!!!!
IMG_3672.JPG

Thanks for that. I was there yesterday and disappointed I missed.
I actually figured it would go cheap BECAUSE no matter what it is a 72 Chrysler.

Buckle up boys, the market for our Cs is getting very expensive

Wow, won’t see that one flipping anytime soon. Wonder if the gold lettering will be coming off?
:D

I was way off, I figured ten or twelve thousand and flipped for mid twenties asking . Apparently the "Woodie" people were chasing it

I was figuring at the most 22 grand, and I thought that would never happen, boy was I wrong.....

But the owner was locally known for selling detailing products around the NJ area. You don't peel off that kinda history!

I never heard of him and I would peel that lettering off in a minute then take the car to the beach in the next minute

So.....my Formal is a 6 figure car???? Lol

No, what you are witnessing is the separation of the fuselage styling from the slabs and the Formals.
If you formal guys can't step up to save a rust free sunroof car how can you think their values are comparable ?
This wagon was gorgeous and in incredible shape. Yet, even I am shocked at the gavel price .

But the owner was locally known for selling detailing products around the NJ area. You don't peel off that kinda history!
Sorry but that shots gotta go. If the name doesn't come off the side, maybe take the doors off, hang some dingle balls on it, hire a midget with a Davy Jones wig and make a tribute Fantasy Island taxi out of it.
i001049.jpg

I never heard of him and I would peel that lettering off in a minute then take the car to the beach in the next minute
Lose the wide white walls too!

No, what you are witnessing is the separation of the fuselage styling from the slabs and the Formals.
If you formal guys can't step up to save a rust free sunroof car how can you think their values are comparable ?
This wagon was gorgeous and in incredible shape. Yet, even I am shocked at the gavel price .
:lol:

Wow and I thought 9K I got for mine was good! but mine was no where that nice! Its great to see our cars getting some respect!

DSCN1538 (3).JPG

Wow and I thought 9K I got for mine was good! but mine was no where that nice! Its great to see our cars getting some respect!

View attachment 180911

I like yours far more because it represents "the breed" much better.. I thought the red one looked gaudy.

...and my comment about the lettering was sarcasm. When I read the Hemmings write up, I thought perhaps the guy was a well-known drag racer or something, not a traveling salesman!

I guess some of the higher prices on C-bodies are due to European buyers, too.
Even though it wouldn't have sold here for that kind of money.

Back