73 Dodge polara 440 x police

Mopar nut

Reaction score
Ok i had the motor rebuilt. I took the motor out, and when i got the motor back,i put it in.
Question: I don't think i ran the heater hoses right. Be for i always got lots of heat. Now it only Luke warm. So now i am wondering if i put the hoses on the wrong way. There is two nipples coming out of the front new the alternator bracket. So after that which one go's wear?witch hose is in bound and witch one is out bound? nether hose is all that hot coming out of the fire wall....
any help on this?

Ok i had the motor rebuilt. I took the motor out, and when i got the motor back,i put it in.
Question: I don't think i ran the heater hoses right. Be for i always got lots of heat. Now it only Luke warm. So now i am wondering if i put the hoses on the wrong way. There is two nipples coming out of the front new the alternator bracket. So after that which one go's wear?witch hose is in bound and witch one is out bound? nether hose is all that hot coming out of the fire wall....
any help on this?
Run a check on you coolant temperature. Second, there is a vacuum operated heater control valve on the passenger side fender well. Check to see if it has the vacuum line hooked to it and that the line is supplying vacuum to the control. These valves have a diaphragm the sometimes leaks and disables the valve so that it does not open.

Dave

Run a check on you coolant temperature. Second, there is a vacuum operated heater control valve on the passenger side fender well. Check to see if it has the vacuum line hooked to it and that the line is supplying vacuum to the control. These valves have a diaphragm the sometimes leaks and disables the valve so that it does not open.

Dave
no vacuum hose,has cable running inside that opens and closes. i can move it by hand,does not make much difference

Swap the heater hoses at the firewall. The flow is probably going backwards.

I am thinking that if both hoses are cold at the firewall, you are not getting flow thru the hoses. Try disconnecting the heater valve and see if water will flow thru it with a garden hose. If you get flow that way, you know the valve is working. Next try unhooking the heater hoses and see if you can get water to flow thru the heater core, it could be plugged up. If you alternate the flow thru each heater hose sometime you can free the blockage in the core. If not you will probably have to replace the heater core. Is this a non A/C car?

Dave

Back