73 Fury Radio Conversion

I have been trying to figure out how I want to do my audio set up as well some good tips in here, another option would be to find an older 8 track/cassette player that wires into the radio and runs threw it, I have one I'm thinking of putting in my Fury, you get a semi period correct look but can still play newer equipment.

Nick

Theres a lot online outfits that convert original radio guts to modern components to retain the factory correct appearance.

I like an easy operational aftermarket radio...... The one I pictured was easy and worked well.

Want to know something?
I went through the time, trouble, and expense, to put a very correct CD stereo & speaker system in my car.
I never use it.

what do you use? I would use it if I had it, I have nothing in the two I now drive

You said you never use it....... So no tunes in the Stan car? Just the breeze?

Dave, the greatest thrill to me is to take a cruise at night on a warm evening with all four windows down. Especially so, because they roll up the sidewalks here after dark. I really don't want to listen to anything coming over the speakers. I need to be alone with all my senses and go back 40 years in my mind.
Of course, that could be the first sign of Alzheimers...
FWIW, 35 years in the seat of a truck. Never turned on the radio or CB except in blizzards.
And the only reason I was forced to have a CB was to communicate with Receiving at warehouses I was picking up at.

This is 5 minutes from my house. A cruise around the lake in the evening is worth 100 hrs. at the shrink.

1821-l.jpg

An additional few minutes brings me to this lake.

00VVrg-210357684.jpg

I once saw a radio delete plate for my car. Should have bought that instead.

Last edited:
I never listen to music in the NY'er.....even on the ride to Carlisle. The NY'er running down the road is my music.

I get it Stan but sometimes, I need to sing and the car is the only chance for that

I get it Stan but sometimes, I need to sing and the car is the only chance for that
Isn't it great what we can get away with when we're alone in our cars? You can be anybody you want to be.
In fact, you just inspired me to take it out tonight. I'll bring a Led Zeppelin CD and go back to 1970 in my Newport Fast top...
It will sound much better than the 8-track that finally spewed its gut from playing it non-stop.

Last edited:
I love the 8-track that slows down in the player and then eats the tape. If you were quick enough you could pull the tape and with some careful moves rewind the tape back into the 8-track and half the time you were successful and get Black Dog to sound great again! LOL!

You have a led zeppelin cd? I didnt think you were into that or is that part of the fantasy with the Newport?

or is that part of the fantasy with the Newport?
You nailed it.
I want to relive the whole enchilada. Not just the beef.
At home, it's Zen, New Age, Hypno, etc.

BTW, that long slow cruise in the warm night air really was just what the dr. ordered.
I remembered how Bobby Ryan (RIP) yelled at me to pull over fast so he could puke from too much Yago San Gria.
Just like yesterday....

Last edited:
Mostly just reliving memories, now...
That could be a great life or a sad life.
It's what you do with them.

Back