73 Imperial "LEE" to join the Minnesota stable.

Lee made it to the hoist today...she needs brake overhaul, new carb, power steering hose, misc minor stuff...not bad....mechanics said she's in great shape. Should be back on the road in a week or two. The tank looked to me to be leaking... But, it was just wet from puddle in parking lot. I usually replace a fuel tank in a heartbeat...But, false alarm.

IMG_20190405_133808.jpg
IMG_20190405_133819.jpg
IMG_20190405_133734.jpg
IMG_20190405_133741.jpg
IMG_20190405_133755.jpg
MVIMG_20190405_133747.jpg

Lee made it to the hoist today...she needs brake overhaul, new carb, power steering hose, misc minor stuff...not bad....mechanics said she's in great shape. Should be back on the road in a week or two. The tank looked to me to be leaking... But, it was just wet from puddle in parking lot. I usually replace a fuel tank in a heartbeat...But, false alarm.

View attachment 275759 View attachment 275760 View attachment 275761 View attachment 275764 View attachment 275765 View attachment 275766
Here you go, so it doesn't fall off the lift...

upload_2019-4-5_17-22-25.jpeg

upload_2019-4-5_17-22-51.jpeg

upload_2019-4-5_17-23-18.jpeg

upload_2019-4-5_17-23-35.jpeg

upload_2019-4-5_17-23-50.jpeg

upload_2019-4-5_17-24-8.jpeg

Sorry about all that, thought I'd paid for that to be done, they must have felt it didn't need doing.

Glad she's basically sorted.
no need to be sorry...I expected this from these old gals when they sit. It's all good. I'm still skeptical of the tank. I don't sleep well if there is a micro-drop of fuel from any tank.

This was a couple days ago where Lee is presently getting worked on in Mankato, MN shop. Hope to get her home in a couple weeks.

So much for Spring weather.
I still should have a car out earlier than last year.

That city in the video is halfway between Doc and my town. The wind made everything worse than it was. But it's always fun when you get sleet, freezing rain, and snow all in a few hours.

I still should have a car out earlier than last year.

That city in the video is halfway between Doc and my town. The wind made everything worse than it was. But it's always fun when you get sleet, freezing rain, and snow all in a few hours.
Rain would be welcome over here, wouldn't mind a bit of snow either. Better than dust storms and bone dry soil.

I think that was the ad which the lad in Salt Lake city saw when he bought her, then we bought from him.

I seem to recall when I searched for information on the selling dealer that the dealership principal was a WW2 veteran - D day I think, as Doc would say, it's good to trace her history from Alice TX through to Minnesota. I guess unless the dealers family kept the documentation it's not possible to discover whether Lee was a dealership order, or customer order, perhaps his team will discover a build sheet somewhere.

Lee should be home Monday afternoon. She just got finished up. Shop added a temp gauge...factory one needs to be rebuilt...it was showing Lee as inaccurately running hot...out 4 weeks for rebuild. So, we'll get to that in a different chapter. Rather get her home.
MVIMG_20190425_134206.jpg

Isn't it funny that no matter how many cars we have, we always want the latest one ready, yesterday?
Yeah...I have to practice "Imperial patience" since I'm not the one wrenching on them for the big stuff. I'm presently shopping the bodyshop market for Tina Patina body makeover....I hate the idea of having her tied up for months...finally got an estimate appointment for rust repair and vinyl top replacement. That took about 8 phone calls to find someone that would look at her. Think it's because she's a big gurl.:lol:

Back