73 Monaco wagon

followed this thread from day 1 and it became one of my favorites on fcbo.
You did amazing work, the car looks better than back in 1973. Hard labour pays
off, you got yourself an amazing piece of American automobile history.
I hope you can really enjoy the result and keep it for many many years !

Try Murray. He has always had the clips I needed.
Ok will do. The problem is they are now brittle. They don’t flex when the lock feature passes over the metal rivet. If I get more old ones I’m afraid they’ll just break too.

followed this thread from day 1 and it became one of my favorites on fcbo.
You did amazing work, the car looks better than back in 1973. Hard labour pays
off, you got yourself an amazing piece of American automobile history.
I hope you can really enjoy the result and keep it for many many years !
Thank you that is very kind of you to say so.

Ok will do. The problem is they are now brittle. They don’t flex when the lock feature passes over the metal rivet. If I get more old ones I’m afraid they’ll just break too.

I agree, Murray has NOS clips. He sent me 25 NOS clips for the side moldings of dads Fury Suburban.

Worth a shot ....

That car looks amazing. Now we need some pictures earlier in the day so we can see it shine!

Your wagon looks great, would love to see a picture full on from the side...its so shiny that its difficult to make out with all the reflections.
Need more of these for the rub strip trim
I may have a couple, how many are you looking for?

Your wagon looks great, would love to see a picture full on from the side...its so shiny that its difficult to make out with all the reflections.

I may have a couple, how many are you looking for?

Here is one I took shortly after I got the wrap done.

EC3812AE-6EEA-4D24-81BB-58295D065D90.jpeg

Painting the grille. As always, I forgot to do a “before” or “work in process” pic...

FDA26362-342B-48D9-86DE-6AF2CFF26AF5.jpeg

Shout out to Year One for the argent (silver) paint they sell. It is pricey but delivers a professional grade paint job in the hands of amateurs like me.

Well. It’s not without flaws in the rattle can paint job on the grille but it looks better now.

FC527B3C-F536-4DA9-B903-451855932C7E.jpeg

DF36B4B5-8472-4DF9-920B-70D89F7E5452.jpeg

Looks great. Can I take it that the wrap is the wood like vinyl trim?
I discussed the wood grain vinyl wrap a few pages back. It was a real joy the way things came together on that one. Not expecting to be able to get it done locally, and at a reasonable price. Pleasantly surprised.

Back