SOLD '73 New Yorker - in (sigh) Lakeland.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

IwannaImp

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not a big fan of green but it works for me on this one.

1973 Chrysler New Yorker TWO OWNER SURVIVOR - 22K MILES | eBay

s-l1600.jpg
73%20Chrysler%20NYer%20green061_zpsnstkgbco.jpg

Beautiful!!! But he probably won't get what he's asking for..."just" a Sedan.
Pretty rare to still have the original rubber mats inside the car.

Beautiful!!! But he probably won't get what he's asking for..."just" a Sedan.
Pretty rare to still have the original rubber mats inside the car.

It looks in amazing shape - if it could be just anywhere else but Lakeland

That is absolutely stunning!
Only 1 bid so far at $7500. That seems like a steal to me given the condition and miles. Anyone know what they want for her?

I love NY sedans. She's a beauty, but that passenger side mirror is screwed up...I think the car only had a driver's side (Sedans were often low option) and some one added one from the wrong year/ model.

Did anyone read the listing? It talks about a light green repaint and the odometer shows what looks like 52K miles? Then it talks about dark green original paint. I think the listing is screwed up, even for Lakeland.

Only 1 bid so far at $7500. That seems like a steal to me given the condition and miles. Anyone know what they want for her?
It's not on his website yet but the asking price will approach 20 grand.

You have to understand he uses ebay only for the free advertising. Rarely does he sell a car through ebay. Not even his No Reserve auctions. Pulls them on the last day.

You have to understand he uses ebay only for the free advertising. Rarely does he sell a car through ebay. Not even his No Reserve auctions. Pulls them on the last day.

Ahhh. Crafty.
I saw the listing discrepancies as well. Still a super nice car.
But I'm out way before $20k.

Very true - plus "sold" cars from the website tend to reappear on Ebay for sale.

Case in point - MJC had listed a '68 Olds 98 sedan as "sold to Alabama" about 2 months ago, now it's for sale on Ebay. I sent a message to them asking is the website listing sold on the car - Here is their reply (I erased my personal info)

New message from: classicsllc (657)
(863) 944-8615

---------------------------------------------------------
I have a buyer there that has bought twenty cars this year... keeps them about two months and then trades them back in for another...

back up for sale...

thanks Mike

Your previous message

Full Name: Bruce

---------------------------------------------------------
Thought this car had already been sold to "Alabama" per your website???????

Ummm..yea, ok.:bs_flag:

Placed a low bid on it - have a second chance offer from them that they'll sell that Olds to me for only 13,500 (asking price 16,500)!

Have placed a bid on the 73 NYB - lets see what "offer" I get back:icon_fU::icon_fU:

MJC List price is 19,500
Everything is negotiable... I bet they would even settle for less than their usual 1000% markup...

I do feel kinda bad though... I bet there are some former victims who find us, realize their blunder and never recover enough to participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back