73 New Yorker ?s

streetmachine

Reaction score
Just wondering how hard is it to remove the instrument cluster on a 73 NYB? I'm thinking about a car and decided if I could get it I wanted to convert the amp gauge over a voltmeter. Second thing, is the power window motors. Where is a good source for these? Thank you in advance.

From 1973 Chrysler Factory Shop Manual

I had a 1973 Chrysler New Yorker. The following comes from pages 8-73 and 8-74 of my 1973 FSM. This should give you an idea of what you're getting into. I pulled my 73NY instrument cluster, but I had some other wiring issues to deal with, so I pulled the steering column completely. Pulling the cluster isn't a bad job as long as you stay patient and take your time. Hope this helps.

73 NY Dash.jpg

73 NY Dash.jpg

Allow yourself at least three days and a lot of patience. You'll need an extra set of hands to get it back in.

Power window motors can be a challenge to find. But they are usually repairable. Good place to start..... google & ebay.

dash removed (Large).jpg

Windows

Power window motors can be a challenge to find. But they are usually repairable. Good place to start..... google & ebay.

I agree. I had a 4 door hard top. I had problems with the driver front door window and the passenger side rear window. Both turned out to be cracked wires and bad grounds.

BTW: On the instrument cluster, I don't think just the R&R of the cluster and column took 3 days. However, tracking down the Neanderthal wiring issues took me a couple of weekends. Then I was able to reassemble.
At night, the 1973 dash had the coolest green glow from the lighting. It was definitely worth the effort.

Back