SOLD 73 Polara Custom 4dr Hardtop Spring Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

weebull

Reaction score
Contact seller
Helping sell this for a friend. This car was stored in my garage for 10 years and I drove it every week around the neighborhood until it blew a freeze plug. I couldn't get that darn thing out so it sat. It hasn't run in about 5 years so the gas is stale. From memory I can tell you that it had a good 360 with a Summit intake and carb. Pretty sure it has a 727 trans. I don't recall the rear end. The body has some serious rust issues around the back glass and I believe the lower quarters. I POR15'd the trunk many years ago and I believe it's still good. The car is located in Lehigh Acres Fl. Originally Dark Silver Irid. I hope someone can save this one being a Spring Special. PM me with any questions or inquires and I will try to answer from memory as the car is over 50 miles from me. I can give you his contact info also. Asking $2000 OBO. Thanks FCBO!

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

Thank you for posting DM43K3D322564 -- with a July 11 (1973) build date, this JA5 Fury is one of the last fusies built. A82 (Spring Special?) package.

It is the first one I have seen that is not gold and that sports sail panel badges, see the discussion in this thread started by @Georg/DFL.

@weebull -- could you ask your friend if he knows whether the sail panel badges are original to the car? Could he provide better photos of the two of them? Also, does he have the car's build sheet or window sticker?

@69CoronetRT @cuda hunter @The_Eagles’_Nest

Hi Ayilar. I didn't realize that it was such a late production Polara. I was pretty sure JA5 was uncommon for an A82 Spring Special car. I've seen a white one before. He says there's no build sheet or window sticker. Here are pics of the two badges that I'm sure are original to the car being it's an A82 car. I hope someone can rescue it. The house he was renting is sold and he has till the end of the month to sell it or he will be forced to scrap it.

92.jpg

93.jpg

This car was painted at some point. This Spring Special only came in red, white, silver or black with the white interior with plaid inserts the only choice. I own a black on black 2dr.I have seen this special in all four colors.I think it is harder to come by one of these instead of a Navajo.I own one of them as well. A two door which some may have seen in Carlisle .

Thank you for posting DM43K3D322564 -- with a July 11 (1973) build date, this JA5 Fury is one of the last fusies built. A82 (Spring Special?) package.

It is the first one I have seen that is not gold and that sports sail panel badges, see the discussion in this thread started by @Georg/DFL.

@weebull -- could you ask your friend if he knows whether the sail panel badges are original to the car? Could he provide better photos of the two of them? Also, does he have the car's build sheet or window sticker?

@69CoronetRT @cuda hunter @The_Eagles’_Nest
There's been several white ones to show up M.

What is the "Spring Special Package"? What did it contain? I've never heard of it. Was it only available in 1973?

It was a trim package only in 73 I believe. They're some posts on here with a picture of the dealer ad for it. Special seat fabric that you can see in the pics. Red body side mouldings, some woodgrain in the interior and special emblems on the outside sail panels. Also the hubcap centers were red also which this car is missing. He's got until the end of the month to get the car out of there or it's unfortunately going to get scrapped. Any reasonable or unreasonable offer will be considered. Even from Finland!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back