74 Newport

state_vampire

Reaction score
Well, I did it again. I picked up a 74 Newport 4 door with 67,000 original miles. I hope I posted them right.
newportdrvrside.jpg
newportpasside.jpg
Newport front.jpg

It's a nice compliment to my 71 Fury.

newportdrvrside.jpg

newportpasside.jpg

Newport front.jpg

Nice pics, AND nice car...very clean. Don't see to many of those in that condition here in the north east. I think you did well for yourself, congrats!

I am not a fan of those but it is always nice to see one in excellent condition like yours.

:congratualtions:

Congrats!!
You see so many hardtops, it's nice to see a simple Accountant's Special sedan for a change.
I like it.

BTW - Who shovels that driveway in the winter? - LOL

Great Find! Is there a trailer hitch on it?

:congratualtions:

These are the pictures the guy had posted on a demolition derby site. When I saw them, my fiancee and I called him to find out more about the car. After talking to him, we jumped in our car and drove out to look at it. It took over three hours one way, but it was OH so worth it. The Newport really is as nice as the pictures show. As far as I can tell, this car looks like it's been sealed away in a vault for the last 30 years.
Also, yes. That is a trailer hitch on it. My girl thinks we should now find one of those tiny Airstreams to pull behind it.

Last edited:
Whoa---the seller was originally going to smash this clean Chrysler Newport up in a.....demolition derby!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I would hope not, but sadly, that is where I found the add. I had heard that these cars get put on those kind of sites every now and then, so I went on looking and there it was. The guy has a 77 New Yorker back in the garage in about the same shape. I told him to list them here first if he's selling.

I would hope not, but sadly, that is where I found the add. I had heard that these cars get put on those kind of sites every now and then, so I went on looking and there it was. The guy has a 77 New Yorker back in the garage in about the same shape. I told him to list them here first if he's selling.

That is just flat out sad, as well as frustrating. I can't bare to look at some of those demo derby websites.

I'm just glad I caught it in time. It is sad because there's too many more out there on these sites.

Last edited:
That is just flat out sad, as well as frustrating. I can't bare to look at some of those demo derby websites.
I used to detest Derby guys but I have developed a new respect for them.
They don't take the nice ones and then go out and destroy them. They take the ones that even the most dedicated fan wouldn't touch. And they strip them out of every imaginable part before derbying them and sell them to us.
The terminally ill get their plug pulled in one last run for the glory and their organs are harvested so that others can live.
They are really recyclers and just use the the rotted out body that is beyond saving.
And they are always cheaper (and easier to communicate with) than Murray Park....

Last edited:
In all fairness, while talking to the guy when I was buying it, I really don't think he knew about this and other C Body rescue sites.
I've got some new pictures of it in my driveway(looks much better, I think),but I'm having trouble loading them. I'll try again after work.

Hmmm...
Greyhound Rescue.
Wild Mare Rescue.
C-Body Rescue.... I bet we could get Non-Profit Tax Exempt status.

"Green" C body Chryslers........:laughing11: Does that mean I can attach the "hybrid" emblem to the rear bumper of my Newport?

"Green" C body Chryslers........:laughing11: Does that mean I can attach the "hybrid" emblem to the rear bumper of my Newport?

Actually my '69 New Yorker is green also, as were many of the C bodies.

If you have a Hybrid emblem on your rear bumper, it could be that you backed over a hybrid POS and didn't notice.

Back