76 Newport Custom Diodes for interior lights.

wes poloway

Reaction score
need help to figure this out. Checked Wiring diagrams seems that only headlight, wiper switch lights work off the diode. The ignition lamp is before diode the othe two after. Has anuone by-passed the diode for the Headlight switch and wiper switch. Seems illogical to have as the book shows it is only on c-bodies. Currently am running LED bulbs and the diode does not work.want to just by-pass and it.

I just figured out wtf you are talking about...
The instrument panel illumination dimmer switch.
I got this far with the translation, someone else can now take over.

What "back-feeds" are they seeking to elimate with a diode in something other than the alternator?

Just curious,
CBODY67

from the factory manual it looks like there are two power feeds one from the time delay relay and the other from the instrument panel wiring. Do not know if I can just connect the two power sources to the wire for the switches directly or ?

I suspect the time delay relay would be "battery" power, wheres the instrument cluster would be "switched" power. Which might be the reason for the diode?

CBODY67

Seems like some of the LEDs are designed to dim and others are not? Might need to check with the vendor/manufacturer of the items to ensure their capabilities.

Back