76 Police Coronet help

Davidrad1820

Reaction score
Howdy folks-

I have a 76 Police Coronet w/ a 77 fury front end that I need to make a decision on. It's a 318 car white exterior, blue interior. Probably a detectives car. Anyway, the floor and firewall are rotted and gone. Replacement panels aren't made for it, but they are for the 74 C Body. It looks like the two cars have the same demensions. Has anyone tried replacing these floors with C body panels? If I can't find replacements I won't be able to keep the car. I don't have the skills to make it from scratch. I've tried. Any help is appreciated.

Your Coronet shares more with the '73-'74 B-body's than it does with a C-body.

It sounds pretty bad. How's the rest of the car? If the rest isn't real nice, I'm not sure that it's worth fixing, because a '76 Coronet detective's car is not a high value vehicle. That kind of extensive body repair is usually done on big dollar cars and stuff with sentimental value.

Jeff

With some creative trimming the '74 floor panel might be possible to make work. The correct panels would be for a '75-'77 coronet or fury (also '77 sport fury). Firewall needs to be the correct one as the pedal locations are not the same.

Dave

Here's your firewall. You can add T-tops at the same time!

Just kidding... I think putting effort into this car would be a mistake.

By this instead:

76 Plymouth Fury

IMG_20181016_182634.jpg

Back