76 ROYAL MONACO BROUGHAM IN KB8 ...NOT MINE...YET

Well I guess it’s time to close the chapter on the RMB. It is off to it’s new home in Holland. I enjoyed it but it required more attention than originally indicated by the PO so off to Europe where it will get a full restoration which it deserves...and then there were 4..:(
8E688C27-A0F3-4AB6-B7EC-6299D6716675.jpeg

You have some beautiful country up there in Canada. I particularly love mountains!

Since the car is going to a better home in terms of being able to fully restore it, then that makes it easier to let them go. In a couple months, it won't be missed so much. It was a very nice looking formal though, in nice colors - probably my favorite Formal model. I sold one of my triple white 1973 Imperial coupes to the Netherlands a few years ago, and that person also put a lot of love into that car - he was motivated (I still have one triple white one left with 34K miles on it that looked identical, so that helped in letting the other one go).

I recently let my 1971 sunroof Imperial 2 door go to a deserving chap in Australia who is a member of this site as well, and he is doing a really excellent restoration of the car, something that I had to admit I would probably never get to given the other cars on my list. He is doing an incredible job on the car and I am very pleased with his progress in a very short period of time. He might even post some photos of it when he is done. But I get to see firsthand all that he doing, and doing at an excellent level. Couldn't be more pleased! And he knows all the details of restoring the sunroofs on these cars too. Super guy.

I think you did the right thing given your situation.

I have to admit that I'm astonished at the beauty of the Canadian landscape that I see in the pictures that my friends north of the border post on this forum.

I'm still going to drive north from Maryland and then drive west through the entire Canadian wilderness before I get too old. Probably drive the Ram on a trip that massive.

:usflag::canada:

Thanks guys it was a hard decision but the opportunity arose and I felt the car deserved more than I could give it. It was smoking pretty bad and I felt it needed more than valve seals. It has become my favourite Formal as well but I still have the 70 to finish and the 79 so lots to do in the little free time I get.

Auf wiedersehen mein RMB

I have to admit that I'm astonished at the beauty of the Canadian landscape that I see in the pictures that my friends north of the border post on this forum.

I'm still going to drive north from Maryland and then drive west through the entire Canadian wilderness before I get too old. Probably drive the Ram on a trip that massive.

Bob there are some of the most beautiful mountainscapes up here and miles of hiking and streams to wander through and you have a place to stay if you ever want to make the trip!

Bob there are some of the most beautiful mountainscapes up here and miles of hiking and streams to wander through and you have a place to stay if you ever want to make the trip!

Thank You Mein Freund!

let me know if you make it to the west coast and onto Vancouver Island !

Back