76 ROYAL MONACO BROUGHAM IN KB8 ...NOT MINE...YET

Makes me wonder if the steering wheel is correct?

Maybe the Diplomat steering wherl option might be different.?

I saw one other Diplomat for sale a few years ago with very low mileage. I hesitated for a minute and somebody swooped in quick.

Need to rebuild/replace the d/s window motor usual problem. Someone siliconed the bottom of the rear window to the vinyl top I assume to stop a leak
:wtf:
48D7D331-5DF2-491C-A1F9-F0A7092B42C7.jpeg
C7F11821-89AE-44FF-AB94-3F2F8576D63D.jpeg

I know that people accepted a few quality flaws rather nonchalantly back then, but 1) HowTF did that one get through and 2) WhyTF didn't it ever get replaced??? :realcrazy:

I'd keep it Graham. It's quite a distinctive conversation piece. Like my passenger side exterior mirror drilled and mounted crooked. :BangHead:

So how does it drive?
I really like that car.

It floats down the road even with the overload shocks on her. The Tquad still needs some setup and the timing is out a bit but I will get to that shortly. Seems to blow blue when coming off the throttle so valve seals are likely shot. Once its tuned up and detailed I will know more.

8d7a6336-6a2e-4ec2-92b2-aa8b94da6184-jpeg.jpg

Waitaminitt....

That's not any Formal Chrysler emblem I have ever seen on a horn pad.

Newport...
Screenshot_2019-01-26-22-30-57.jpg

NY...
19778-1975-chrysler-new-yorker-std.jpg

Last edited:
Actually the ATC II works pretty well and the A/C has been converted. The only issue is the fan doesn’t turn off when the dystem is off. Ideas anyone?
That may be normal. The fan stays on low to keep the cabin air fresh even if the system has been set to “off” on earlier ATC II’s. That got changed later.

What year is your car? And, how much air are we talking about.

That may be normal. The fan stays on low to keep the cabin air fresh even if the system has been set to “off” on earlier ATC II’s. That got changed later.

What year is your car? And, how much air are we talking about.

It is a 76 and its a very low fan speed just enough to hear it running

I believe the dodge horn pads had no emblem if I recall correctly. Great find of a car. The interior is especially nice. Really like the seat design too. Congrats Graham!

Can’t wait to see it brought back.

Back