77 T&C resto round 2 - removing door trim....

Hmmmm...
image-jpg.110400

Are these them?
s-l1600.jpg

Mopar NOS C-Body Molding Clips PN#6003500 | eBay

Sure does. I found a body shop supply shop online that even had what looked like the impossible-to-find tailgate clips. I ordered one to see

Well, all up to the body shop for now.
Meanwhile I'll paint the interior pieces. Replace the head liner.

Does anyone know where to get Chrysler interior color codes for the interior spray paints and dyes? Not finding much online.
IMG_1656.JPG
IMG_1662.JPG

TCPGlobal
Their site is pure hell trying to navigate but they have info about everything.

1977-Chrysler-pg02.jpg

They brewed up a batch of impossible to match Dark Red for me. It was perfect.

You are right about the nav part, but they have everything in the world.

I found the pages you found. It's getting me a lot closer! But how do you go from the fender tag to the color chart? My car decodes to "D8D3" or 'Gold' for the entire interior, but here are at least 3 different colors of painted gold - headliner trim, rear tailgate and trim, and I think the metal dash is another color. Then there is the plastic color, which is close to the headliner trim so I guess I would try that color in dye first.

There's semigloss and flat for the metal parts and the same for vinyl & plastic.
So there are several finishes to pick from.

I'll have to check my other wagon which was a 6 passenger, but the inside tailgate, loading floor trim, and all the seat hardware and pans for the 9 passenger are clearly darker than all other trim. Maybe they just didn't record or specify that color anywhere.

IMG_1689.JPG
So close, yet so far. Northland Supply. They looked good online! Only cost me a few bucks to buy a couple and see. I wonder what they do fit!

Figured out the light/dark thing just re-reading the sheet you posted. At the paint store now getting rattle cans and quarts. Lacquer is not cheap in NYS. Going to try out the Preval system vs. a pile of rattle cans for all the plastic dye.
IMG_0317.JPG
Figured out the light/dark thing just re-reading the sheet you posted. At the paint store now getting rattle cans and quarts. Lacquer is not cheap in NYS. Going to try out the Preval system vs. a pile of rattle cans for all the plastic dye.

Well, all up to the body shop for now.
Meanwhile I'll paint the interior pieces. Replace the head liner.

Does anyone know where to get Chrysler interior color codes for the interior spray paints and dyes? Not finding much online.
My local auto paint supply place just match my door panel and mixed up some SEM for me, perfect match. There is generally a fee for matching paint but is worth it.

Alan

My local auto paint supply place just match my door panel and mixed up some SEM for me, perfect match. There is generally a fee for matching paint but is worth it.

Alan
They got the colors perfect off the sheet commando1 posted. When they told me I could use a regular paint gun on the vinyl dye and tailgate paint I switched from rattle cans to quarts and I will let the guy painting it do them. I got a couple of cans for small parts like headliner trim and doors I'll do myself.

Turns out the vinyl is as many as two layers and it is not coming off with heat. We have had to use chemical stripper. It took off both layers on the back door in our test. Why would anyone put on two layers? And it is on TIGHT!

Most surprisingly we found no primer on the metal. Is that normal? Almost nowhere that we are grinding through paint are we finding any primer.
IMG_1876.JPG
IMG_1873.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

Back