78 New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
From where I sit it looks like a fantasmagorical deal.
Note that there's no vinyl roof! Clean looking don'tcha think?

http://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/3018570415.html

5N15Hb5M73E33K23L3c5idd5dcbb12c4117b3.jpg

Very nice! No vinyl top? Was that a factory option or do you think he took the vinyl off and painted it black?

Yep, Vinyl was optional but every sales bank car came with one. If you didn't want one, you had to order it that way.
And yep, also to the CB.
The only problem is the color: Fecal Brown...

Yep, Vinyl was optional but every sales bank car came with one. If you didn't want one, you had to order it that way.
And yep, also to the CB.
The only problem is the color: Fecal Brown...

I suppose you could order vinyl delete and get it painted 2 tone or the same color as the rest of the car. I haven't seen any formals without vinyl.

I have a Chrysler factory am/fm/cb radio in my 78 Ny'er. I'll post a close up picture later this week when the monsoon lets up.

Wow, that's neat; a factory mopar cb radio. CB ("citizen band"?) radios must have been a really popular thing back then.

A Delco AM/FM/CB was available (dealer installed) in '77.

0730%20grey%20NYB%20500%20013.jpg

'78 had the Mopar factory AM/FM/CB

5Nd5E15Ff3E53I73J9c5e34e6c660f1571f5b.jpg

Last edited:
Your my age, you dont remember?

Nope.
I've NEVER seen a CB radio that actually came with the car, in real life or on paper....until now that is, learn something new everyday. I don't know how old you are, figure its none of my business how old anybody is here...but I will tell you the CB craze had looong died out before I came of age or could even drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back