For Sale 78 NYB - Craigslist - Harrisburg, PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
75 Ny'er had the 2 openings for cooling.

283089.jpg

Its got the lean burn. Always hated those tempermental things. I used to unwire em, pop rivet a plate on the air cleaner, and put in a regular electronic ignition system and carb.
Sorry, but it's 2017, if their was a problem with the lean burn system I think it would have been fixed by now. I've got and have had plenty of those cars and found that most problems with the system have been because either they have been screwed up by backyard mechanics that were very confused on how the system worked, or dealerships that didn't know or care how it worked. If it survived this long I wouldn't even consider it a deal breaker.

Are these rubber edge tips on the front Fenders original accessories, never noticed them before.

Those additional bumper guards were federally mandated for US 77 and 78 Formals. Canadian cars did not get them. US Wagons had up to 4 bumper guards on the back...the minimum was the 2 outboard ones to meet the mandate. Canadian wagons would get 2 inboard bumper guards or none. I never have seen a Canadian wagon with 4. The Gran Fury line got 2 outboard "normal looking" bumper guards and the Dodge and Chrysler Newport got add on low mounted rubber guards.

Here's an assortment of the front and read additional bumper guards on some Formal Chryslers and Dodges and Plymouths and the 4 possible wagon bumper configurations (US and Cdn).

05.jpg
Dodge Monaco Royal 1977 6.jpg
download.jpg
77-Gran-Fury_0003.jpg
77_Royal_Monaco_0021.jpg
image06.jpg
house_and_chrysler_121.jpg
chrysler-town-country-1975-1.jpg
1916645_100117046676988_4410244_n.jpg

Sorry, but it's 2017, if their was a problem with the lean burn system I think it would have been fixed by now. I've got and have had plenty of those cars and found that most problems with the system have been because either they have been screwed up by backyard mechanics that were very confused on how the system worked, or dealerships that didn't know or care how it worked. If it survived this long I wouldn't even consider it a deal breaker.
Didnt say it was a deal breaker, only said they wre tempermental. First one i dewired was on my dads 81 ram with slant sux. Put a regular electronic ignition on it, and a holley model 1920 1bbl carb it ran great. That year could have been lran burn or regular on trucks. He never had a problem after that. I dewired 3 others with issues including a 77 charger 400 i had. You say people dont know how to fix, i say tempermental. Not a deal breaker, but i'd remove it if i bought it.

Whoops spell check, C bodies wont let me edit past a certain time i guess. Not Iran burn, tho its looking like they are gonna burn. But lean burn.

Btw they had problems with the 81-83 chrysler imperial fuel injection setup. When i worked at the chrysler plymouth dealer in 1986-1987 the head mechanic retrofitted 2 of those with carburetors because of problems with the primitive FI system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back