Clean looking car.

79 300 1.jpg
79 300 3.jpg
79 300 4.JPG
79 300 5.JPG
79 300 8.JPG
79 300 9.JPG
79 300 7.JPG

Power is always good. At leat there aren't a bunch of chrome doodads all over the poor thing.

I'll take a smokey oil burner where the valve covers have never been off over any "TASTEFULLY MODIFIED ENGINE".

That's really nice.
There has got to be some kinda guilt tearing into a 14k mile engine like that though.
Exhaust dumps seem like an unneeded touch.
I'd love to own it.

The electric fuel pump is mounted in the wrong place. He has it mounted by the alternator......it should be mounted near the gas tank. Electric fuel pumps are suppose to push fuel from the tank to the carb.

The electric fuel pump is mounted in the wrong place. He has it mounted by the alternator......it should be mounted near the gas tank. Electric fuel pumps are suppose to push fuel from the tank to the carb.

Not sure what that is by the alternator, but the pump is mounted at the tank, along with the fuel filter.

79 300 10.JPG

This car is also listed on cl. Barret-Jackson syndrome. He is asking $23,500. It will be interesting to see if the reserve is met or if there is a sale. new york for sale "chrysler cordoba" - craigslist

With just over a day left it is probably as high as it is going to get. Ask Stan how auctions go with a reserve? They rarely sell. Besides the last four bidders, with tons of bids all over, look like they are fishing for the reserve and are now done.

Once again that word rare. I don't think Chrysler produced them back then with their eye on it being a future collectible. Too early for that thinking. Actually I don't like much of what the seller says about the car. Way too much over the top.

Last edited:
I'll take a smokey oil burner where the valve covers have never been off over any "TASTEFULLY MODIFIED ENGINE".
Just looked at that. Everything the guy has done has disqualified this car for sale in California. 1976 and newer must pass Smog and as factory inspection. A shame!

The greater mystery for me is, "Why modify an engine at all on a car with only 15,000 miles?"

The greater mystery for me is, "Why modify an engine at all on a car with only 15,000 miles?"
'cause that is what gas monkey would do!! The only surprise is that it's not 'bagged.

'cause that is what gas monkey would do!! The only surprise is that it's not 'bagged.
Cant watch those *** clowns anymore... they have been permanently deleted from the DVR... their offshoot was too, just as soon as they thought running over a rare numbers matching rust bucket was a cool thing to do... couldn't even finish the episode. I hope they all get cancelled and go broke.

OK, what and who is Gas Monkey? I see them as sponsors on a number of NHRA cars, but... ????

If it's a show on the tube, that would answer my ignorance. Of all the shows on TV the only ones I watch are the Power Block series on Spike.

OK, what and who is Gas Monkey? I see them as sponsors on a number of NHRA cars, but... ????

If it's a show on the tube, that would answer my ignorance. Of all the shows on TV the only ones I watch are the Power Block series on Spike.
Shitty TV show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back