79 300 Restoration

It is a really great car to drive. Went to lunch in it to lunch today and then took my wife to the library in it. Gonna put some miles on it for sure.

It is a really great car to drive. Went to lunch in it to lunch today and then took my wife to the library in it. Gonna put some miles on it for sure.
I don't know Chris if you recall some comments I made in the past about the performance/driveability of the 360-4 bbl engines in the past in the B bodies in 1978-79. But that was an outstanding performance feel in the 360-4 calibration for those two years and up. Much of the credit goes to GM for the sharp cutoff in the lean burn junk that we pursued in California starting with the 1978 packages:

How much for a '79 Cordoba on BAT?

The steering and suspension lab also got the handling/ride calibrations "right-on" starting in 1978 for the B bodies as well and they were also very quiet riding and great handling cars.

I ordered a 1979 Magnum for our lab car as well and it was the best driving package all around that Chrysler ever built IMO. Your 300 is basically that same car.................

Enjoy!

I don't know Chris if you recall some comments I made in the past about the performance/driveability of the 360-4 bbl engines in the past in the B bodies in 1978-79. But that was an outstanding performance feel in the 360-4 calibration for those two years and up. Much of the credit goes to GM for the sharp cutoff in the lean burn junk that we pursued in California starting with the 1978 packages:

How much for a '79 Cordoba on BAT?

The steering and suspension lab also got the handling/ride calibrations "right-on" starting in 1978 for the B bodies as well and they were also very quiet riding and great handling cars.

I ordered a 1979 Magnum for our lab car as well and it was the best driving package all around that Chrysler ever built IMO. Your 300 is basically that same car.................

Enjoy!
I totally agree Steve. The drivability is fantastic all the way around. Also, the styling is awesome. It's one of those cars you have to turn around and get one more look at it when you're walking away. The interior blows me away too. The red leather with the straps is like no other and hats off to my upholsterer who did a great job!

I totally agree Steve. The drivability is fantastic all the way around. Also, the styling is awesome. It's one of those cars you have to turn around and get one more look at it when you're walking away. The interior blows me away too. The red leather with the straps is like no other and hats off to my upholsterer who did a great job!

This is the lab car that I ordered in 1979 for our laboratory use when I was still working for Chrysler. One like yours is in the background. Outstanding vehicles from every standpoint.

1978_dodge_magnum-pic-6040859824736562319-1024x768.jpg

The ‘79 300’s that both my father and uncle had, were factory equipped with a matching, red leather steering wheel cover that was stitched on. I remember my dad put a cigarette burn on his. It seems like it was a 3-spoke wheel, with bars on the spokes for the horn.
The literature at the time stated this was a standard feature of the 300.

I just read on the B-body forum, that 300’s with tilt wheel used the 2 spoke wheel like yours, non-tilt used the 3 spoke. I don’t know if it’s a fact though. Also, I see there is a 1979 Chrysler 300 Owners Group page on Facebook. Likely lots of info there.

This is the correct Red one for your car. Not the dark maroon ones of '77 and down.
As close to unobtanium as they get.
And I've never seen one cheaper.

Thanks Stan! Mine has tilt and is smooth plastic with the woodgrain inlay. This one would work but I'm not sure exactly what it is correct for.

Back