For Sale '79 Chrysler 300 Aluminum "Road Wheel" 15 x 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl K

Reaction score
Contact seller
This is an aluminum 15 slot "Road Wheel" as used on 1979 Chrysler 300's and probably others. Sorry I only have the wheel, not the plastic trim or center cap. Very light- only a kiss over 13 lbs. It is a welded, two piece wheel, 15" x 6" with 4" of backspacing. There is still some anodizing on the face so it's not a mirror shine. $100 plus shipping. I have two if you are interested in a second.

lid11.JPG
lid12.JPG

lid13.JPG

lid13.JPG

lid12.JPG

lid11.JPG

Sorry I only have the wheel, not the plastic trim or center cap.

Post #3 in this thread will be from a newbie still asking if you have trim rings, domes or caps.
Never fails... :D

Surprise Surprise! Look what I found. Now with center caps. $125 a wheel with the caps.u201.JPG

u201.JPG

Really, as in 15 x 7" Road Wheels, or a different type wheel?

I have been trying to source some factory material verifying the availability of the Road Wheel in the 15 x 7" size (common folklore is that it was available mid - late '70s?), but haven't had much luck. Chrysler certainly had a shadowy way of advertising stuff - yes, this 15 x 6" lightweight-version Road Wheel appears to be the standard wheel for the '79 300:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/09/03/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1979-chrysler-300/,

yet there is a different wheel in the pic below, but the copy reads "Aluminium road wheel with 300 medallion"? And also states "...the following options are not available: All other tyres, road wheels & wheel covers"??

1.jpg2.jpg
Perhaps someone can shed some light here.

The 300 also could have come with a Roadability PKG, with rear sway bar and 15x7 wheels,and GR60x15 Tires.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Out of curiosity does anyone know if the C body steel road wheel centres and trim rings fit this aluminium version?

The centers can be made to fit. The aluminum wheels have tapped holes that hold the center cap bracket on. This is the same bolt pattern that the Road Wheel centers use. So you could drill out the tapped holes for clearance holes and put the Road Wheel centers on. Polara66Hardtop is right about the trim rings, though.

001.jpg

Really, as in 15 x 7" Road Wheels, or a different type wheel?

I have been trying to source some factory material verifying the availability of the Road Wheel in the 15 x 7" size (common folklore is that it was available mid - late '70s?), but haven't had much luck. Chrysler certainly had a shadowy way of advertising stuff - yes, this 15 x 6" lightweight-version Road Wheel appears to be the standard wheel for the '79 300:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/09/03/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1979-chrysler-300/,

yet there is a different wheel in the pic below, but the copy reads "Aluminium road wheel with 300 medallion"? And also states "...the following options are not available: All other tyres, road wheels & wheel covers"??

View attachment 62165View attachment 62166
Perhaps someone can shed some light here.

Chrysler called just about every rim a road wheel, which causes confusion.

The aluminum rims that are for sale are exactly the same as what's in the picture. The only "difference is that the rims in the picture have the trim rings (which were not like the trim rings on the steel road wheels- these ones were plastic and bolted onto the rim through the slots...kind of like the aluminum fascia did on the 78 Salon wheels). Here's a pic to illustrate...code W22 and W23 are the same rim...only difference is the plastic trim ring...it all depended on what look you wanted. The ones for sale are like W22 and the 'doba 300 advertisement are W23s.

79-Newport-New_Yorker_0007.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back