87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z

crazyboutwagons

Reaction score
Saw a auction on PROXIBID for a Daytona Shelby Z some one here may be interested in
listed under the collector car auctions under The VaultMS.com in MS .could not get the link to post here. Lot # 9 price now $1600.00 expires in 5 days

Last edited:
1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z | Collector Cars  | Auctions Online | Proxibid

9-1.jpg

How many of them went through Shelby’s shop?

I would like to know. My cousin has one, bought it new. Turbo 5 spd. It really does run well. I remember there being maybe 3 different packages of Daytona in them years. Iirc there was another Shelby but not a Z. I think the deal was only the Z’s went through Shelby’s shop. Pacific or Pacifica was another.

I believe they were "assembly line cars", rather than going somewhere else for the Shelby additions. Back when Carroll was doing things for Chrysler. Most of the "tweaks" were in the chassis and trim, but the engine might have had a few tweaks, too. Neat cars and not well-known.

Allegedly, according to forums on the fwd Mopars, deceptively-easy to get them into the high 13-second 1/4 times. Which was early LX Hemi territory. IF people knew to get the turbo spooled up before the launch, it would embarrass many of the 5.0L Mustangs from a red light.

Don't automatically "dismiss" the automatics. IT could well be that they have a torque converter with a 3000rpm stall speed in them. As the Turbo II LeBaron convertible we rented, back in the late '80s.

CBODY67

Back