For Sale 89 Shelby Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

barnfind

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine

Shelby / Dakota / Convertible pick up truck (Edgewater)

1989 Dodge Factory built with / Shelby V 8 Engine, special equip. With full documentation. very nice condition, 111,743 miles, garage kept. needs tires. light bar included with full set of decals still in original boxes, roll and lock cover, number 113

00F0F_1KAttknWDDz_600x450.jpg
00s0s_jGPh9ryeHQz_600x450.jpg
00D0D_k9gJOyz6wPm_600x450.jpg
00h0h_lA1WCgl0gPG_600x450.jpg
00n0n_ajmVnrNszVp_600x450.jpg

Hum...didn’t know there was any Shelby Dakota convertable’s. All I’ve ever seen where the 3.9 V6.

Easy there, I've got two. Red (tired daily driver) & my white that i bought brand new at 19yo with more money than brains lol. But needs a little tlc to be where I want it (tucked next to garage) no indoor room besides th 72 ok long story long, there was no Shelby rag top. Ive thought about swapping a convertible cab onto an existing Shelby. Not legit but it would be a true Shelby ragtop.

Ps. That light bar would look cool as hell with the top down but doubt it would have the clearence. One of the last gasps for the la engine as we know it with flawless Holley throttle body injection. Wound up drive train tighter than a rats ***. Needs a tranny overdrive unit about every 70k otherwise they run like tops. I'm only a couple miles from my work so until they stop giving me inspection stickers, I'll continue to drive it and keep it all old school. There are several small alarms that pop up as I look closer to the picks. Power windows, ram bumper skids not Shelby ones. This is a nice job they did but definitely made from 2 trucks. Sorry to get carried away on The c body site about it, but I’ve driven one of these trucks every day in one form or another for 29 years now so I guess that kinda makes me the defacto know it all with those trucks lol. The late 80s were dark days for dodge & it was like a ufo landing to have a sporty rear wheel drive v8 that you didn’t have to lay underneath every weekend. Time better spent looking for girls & Monte Carlo ss hunting! Lmao!

Last edited:
hahaha, most folks are cause of the low production numbers. Shelby was under contract to produce a certain number of cars for dodge & ive heard some old rumors that he took Dakota sport shells & shoehorned 318s into them put fancy stripes/interiors to complete his contract with dodge. he messed with the viper a little bit but he was pretty much out of there after that. I wish they got more respect for being the forefather of the whole dakota r/t program. those came out in the late spring of 89 like the 69 1/2 roadrunners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back