A arm splash shields for a 71 C body

DARN! Another one. Did they put a different one in each model? Are these 2 or 4 drs? Looking in the parts books there did appear to be different part numbers for different years and 2 and 4dr. I may have to stop while I have some $ left in the bank! :)
The two cars I have, one is a two door sport fury, the other car is a 4dr sedan, Fury III. the sport fury has foldaway headlights and the sedan has the standard grille with fixed headlights. I am sure all furies of this year would be the same as the front sheetmetal didn't change at all among all the different models of fury.

Just been thinking about this, what changes from year to year on the fury's 69 to 71 is the lower valance panel. I bet the rest of the shields in the package would be the same between years. I will see what I can find in the 70 model I have here.

Just a thought, Jim. I know tooling and dies are stupid expensive on small quantities. But, if I understand your post, you use CAD to design the pieces.
Once you have the pieces drawn up, could an outside company use your drawings on a CAM cutting table using water jet or laser? For the onesies and twosies that a customer is willing to pay for? No out of pocket expenses beyond your time at the computer.

Just a thought, Jim. I know tooling and dies are stupid expensive on small quantities. But, if I understand your post, you use CAD to design the pieces.
Once you have the pieces drawn up, could an outside company use your drawings on a CAM cutting table using water jet or laser? For the onesies and twosies that a customer is willing to pay for? No out of pocket expenses beyond your time at the computer.

I did look into outsourcing some waterjet work. It's a bit pricey. And I have a 2' x 3' laser. CO2 lasers don't cut rubber well. I can cut a set of splash shields but theres a ton of scrubbing and clean up after. Very time consuming. The set above was laser cut except for the big piece. I'll eventually get a Zund CNC oscillating knife machine. Have to pay off the building first. One year left. Only need one $250K loan at a time.

Can anyone tell me if the square clips in this photo (69 or 70 300) are the plastic generic hood pad clips? Or are they special metal clips? These were the only clips my guy didn't send a sample of.

C 70 300 SMALL SPLASH.JPG

I did look into outsourcing some waterjet work. It's a bit pricey. And I have a 2' x 3' laser. CO2 lasers don't cut rubber well. I can cut a set of splash shields but theres a ton of scrubbing and clean up after. Very time consuming. The set above was laser cut except for the big piece. I'll eventually get a Zund CNC oscillating knife machine. Have to pay off the building first. One year left. Only need one $250K loan at a time.

Can anyone tell me if the square clips in this photo (69 or 70 300) are the plastic generic hood pad clips? Or are they special metal clips? These were the only clips my guy didn't send a sample of.

View attachment 83918
I have those clips and they are plastic for sure, they measure about 1.5in square.

THEN I have 2 other lower radiator splash shields.
Pretty sure I have those sorted out as 69-72(73?) Dodge and 69-72(73?) Plymouth.
I'll post pictures.

Do you have the set for C-body Dodges? I went on your eBay store eBay ready to order three "big sets" with the lower rad shields (for two 1970 Polara 'verts and one 1971 2dr Monaco), but I can only see your big sets for Plymouth and for Chrysler.

Also, I looked for an A Arm splash shield for a 1973 Chrysler but could not find one.

Thank you for any pointers!

Do you have the set for C-body Dodges? I went on your eBay store eBay ready to order three "big sets" with the lower rad shields (for two 1970 Polara 'verts and one 1971 2dr Monaco), but I can only see your big sets for Plymouth and for Chrysler.

Also, I looked for an A Arm splash shield for a 1973 Chrysler but could not find one.

Thank you for any pointers!

I looked two weeks ago and thought :confused::wtf:

Maybe we need to do some splash shield research at Carlisle this year.
We’ll have all models represented right next to each other.

Maybe we need to do some splash shield research at Carlisle this year.
We’ll have all models represented right next to each other.
Some time in looking at the parts manuals will help too.

Just a quick look at my 70/71 parts book (section 12) shows that the upper a arm shields are the same across the board. Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler.

The problem with doing comparisons in the field is unless you have the car's history for the last 50 or so years, you can never know what's reproduction or original. That doesn't mean it's not worth doing, just do some homework first.

Back