A Few Cars from Fall Fling in Van Nuys

Snotty

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey People. I was at the Fall Fling in Van Nuys this past weekend, October 21. Didn't take a lot of pictures, and there weren't really that many cars there. But the following were the ones I liked:

Upon arrival, this is what I saw. There are normally cars by that table and beyond. Only a hand-full of Cs, but there was a '69 Daytona there. (No pictures of it.)
IMG_0001.JPG

Beautiful '77 Town and Country!
IMG_0002.JPG

'60 Desoto. You don't see one of these every day!
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG

That '79 Magnum next to it was nice but, sorry, no pictures.
IMG_0005.JPG

I took pictures of this one for the Slant Six Club on Facebook, but I thought I'd share.
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG

Here's another Slanty. I LOVE these old Dodge pickups!
IMG_0010.JPG

Sweet 4-speed. I found that trailer controller interesting.
IMG_0011.JPG

Here's a few more, starting with the Leaning Tower of Power from that Pickup:

IMG_0009.JPG

This car was BEAUTIFUL!! '83 Imperial, one owner until his death, Son has it now and it's for sale. 7,000 miles!! Looks showroom fresh!
IMG_0012.JPG

Frank Sinatra Edition.
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG

It still has the EFI!! Carl, current owner said he wished it didn't! Car wont stay running. I gave him Big Chris Fredricksen's number to talk with.
IMG_0013.JPG

Love that '73 grill!!
IMG_0016.JPG

Third row as well!
IMG_0017.JPG

Finally, a TC from Maserati. I've always liked these, even though Mopar couldn't give the away!
IMG_0018.JPG

If I ever get one, I want the 5 speed. This was an automatic. Interior was great!
IMG_0020.JPG

Unrelated but I was born in Van Nuys (Valley Presbyterian) in the mid 60's but we left in '67 because my dad thought it was getting too congested in LA.

Here's a few more, starting with the Leaning Tower of Power from that Pickup:

View attachment 624021
This car was BEAUTIFUL!! '83 Imperial, one owner until his death, Son has it now and it's for sale. 7,000 miles!! Looks showroom fresh!
View attachment 624022
Frank Sinatra Edition.
View attachment 624023View attachment 624024
It still has the EFI!! Carl, current owner said he wished it didn't! Car wont stay running. I gave him Big Chris Fredricksen's number to talk with.
View attachment 624025
Love that '73 grill!!
View attachment 624026
Third row as well!
View attachment 624027
Finally, a TC from Maserati. I've always liked these, even though Mopar couldn't give the away!
View attachment 624028
If I ever get one, I want the 5 speed. This was an automatic. Interior was great!
View attachment 624029
That made me feel better about not taking up my friends invite to Fall Fling. I saving up for Spring Fling.

Unrelated but I was born in Van Nuys (Valley Presbyterian) in the mid 60's but we left in '67 because my dad thought it was getting too congested in LA.
I attended Fuller Seminary in Pasadena, 1982-1985, M.Div. Theology. I fulfilled my Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Requirements while serving as a Chaplain at Valley Presbyterian! I don't know if it had been rebuilt between your days and mine, but it is/was a unique hospital that was built in the round. In that way, every room is an equal distance from the Nurses Station. Was cool!

Here it is!

1698517703593.png

Back