A Good Evening...and a Good Riddance

Reaction score
So I had a crummy day at work today. Therefore, I went out to the garage and began working. I bought a complete suspension kit from Craig at Mobile Parts. I got a complete disc brake setup kit from a 72 Newport that was in a junkyard. So today was a good day to start the process.
Cleaned all the crud off the upper ball joints, cleaned and oiled the torsion bar adjustment screws, and cleaned and lubed the rear spring bolts. I also squirted down every bolt and nut that I could see with transmission fluid and acetone.
I also happily said good riddance to that aftermarket SSBC and Leeds combination disc brake conversion kit that somebody else added to this car. The best place for that is the dumpster.
My 72 Newport brake booster came back from booster Dewey last week, so I'm ready to go. I
have an April 1st deadline, as that's when I
have the appointment at the old car alignment shop.
With a completely new front end, the addition of an anti-sway bar, and new six leaf rear leaf springs, and the correct disc brakes, this car should ride like a dream.

IMG_20240227_191152667.jpg

IMG_20240228_191530503.jpg

IMG_20240228_193629740.jpg

IMG_20240228_203753477.jpg

IMG_20240221_181054143.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work. Imagine if you had a bad week at work, how much would you achieve?, excellent way to deal with crap.

Im hoping you will give updates often this next month.I need to do the frontend on my 69 Fury vert and want your feedback on the stuff you got from Craig.Ive gotten brake components from him and was very satisfied.

Custom Sportsman and 66I78rat are both from Michigan, as many of you notice, they both know detmatt, and
All three of them are friends with one another!!!

66I78rat ( Mark ) and I spoke this morning --- he is doing the Complete Quality FRONT END also!!!

I might have to move to .Michigan ( not yet , though , I am getting set to file a Motion of Default .... ) ( I hope to *** NOT *** hear from them for two more
weeks ---- G O O D ---- continue to ignore me ...... )

Craig......

Custom Sportsman and 66I78rat are both from Michigan, as many of you notice, they both know detmatt, and
All three of them are friends with one another!!!

66I78rat ( Mark ) and I spoke this morning --- he is doing the Complete Quality FRONT END also!!!

I might have to move to .Michigan ( not yet , though , I am getting set to file a Motion of Default .... ) ( I hope to *** NOT *** hear from them for two more
weeks ---- G O O D ---- continue to ignore me ...... )

Craig......
How's your recovery coming along?

^^^ I don't want to compromise this thread ^^^^ , but Not Good....

Spending a million hours on the legal aspect , spending 100,000 hours trying to make some money to survive ( no help otherwise ... ) , and with no convenient physical therapy and occupational therapy handy and convenient, I am getting fat and flabby again.....
Thanks for asking , crv , but what I need is another 24 hours each and every day ....... ( These dirtbags have 16 more days to answer my notice , and complaint, and RJI ( request for judicial intervention) that I filed with Supreme Court ( no help from any " legal eagles " ) --- and hopefully they don't answer / it falls through the cracks --- because tomorrow, I am going back to Supreme Court to pick up a Notice for Discovery form , and a Default Judgement form, all of which cost money, naturally....) Hopefully, they IGNORE me for 16 more days --- and I can file for DEFAULT JUDGEMENT !!! Then, I have to find out where I have to go and
" Pick Up " My $ 10 million dollars ( yeah, sure -- it will be just that easy, I am sure.....)
They , of course, are just hoping and praying I will just simply go away and DIE ....... Craig......
[ P.S. --- I have had 5 meetings with the I A D --- the Internal Affairs Division --- 3 over the phone and 2 in person --- and while that won't help me one penny with renumeration --- if I have to go to court, and they have been dismissed thanks to their actions in my case / scenario --- that speaks volumes, for sure... ]

Last edited:
^^^ You wouldn't believe how well versed in all of this I have had to become ( sadly ) ..... ^^^
The BIG difference between me and a " real lawyer " is that I am N O T a high priced , overbearing , pompous LIAR , THIEF , and DIRTBAG ( L O L !! )
Craig.....

Here's some photos of today's funsies. Amazingly everything came off good. Being a native Detroiter, I just can't get used to not having a bust rusted stuff apart, or deal with seized bolts. Today was actually fun. Every pushing and ball joint and tie rod end is toast.

IMG_20240303_174233067.jpg

IMG_20240303_174116155.jpg

IMG_20240303_174042888.jpg

IMG_20240303_173956314.jpg

IMG_20240303_173949061.jpg

IMG_20240303_173933176.jpg

IMG_20240303_173913181.jpg

What was wrong with the SSBC stuff?
the short answer is, it couldn't stop the car. no matter how hard you stood on the pedal, and it was solid, the car just wouldn't stop in a comfortable distance. normal driving it was fine, but a hard stop, you're going into whatever is in front of you.
plus the Chineseium booster just didn't work either. I found the entire kit to be a very poor quality, and I feel sorry for whomever put it on this car before me, as they got taken.
oh yeah, I almost forgot. because of all of the mechanical differences with the brake pedal, the pedal wouldn't return fully either.

the short answer is, it couldn't stop the car. no matter how hard you stood on the pedal, and it was solid, the car just wouldn't stop in a comfortable distance. normal driving it was fine, but a hard stop, you're going into whatever is in front of you.
plus the Chineseium booster just didn't work either. I found the entire kit to be a very poor quality, and I feel sorry for whomever put it on this car before me, as they got taken.
oh yeah, I almost forgot. because of all of the mechanical differences with the brake pedal, the pedal wouldn't return fully either.
That's not good.
I just put the complete 11.75-disc swap from a 78 Cordoba on a 64 New Yorker drum car and it works very well. Excellent in fact. The drums brakes did work well with the new 72 New Yorker rear drums all around, but nothing like the disc setup. Smooth, even, powerful, straight line, confident.
My guess is you will be very happy with your swap.

Here's today's funsies. You probably can't tell from the pictures, but the one lower control arm bushing is so wasted that the pin is actually pointing crooked. I don't know how this car drove as well as it did. I also successfully got the wasted strut rod sleeves off the strut rods. they were not the split type for some reason. thanks to a few other c body fellas though, my solution will be here tomorrow.

IMG_20240304_201310478.jpg

IMG_20240304_201257752.jpg

IMG_20240304_201023447.jpg

IMG_20240304_195407201.jpg

Sorry...yes. I will post photos tonight. Suspension is in place. Struggling with achieving rotors for the 1972 brake system. I got burned by the "the computer says these will fit" at the local auto parts store (they sold me 1973 rotors). However, I will be getting some Raybestos 7012 rotors from RockAuto today. I used all the new suspension parts supplied by Craig @ mobileparts. Awesome kit. I strongly suggest going with Craig for your suspension needs. I managed to find one rebuilt caliper, and the kit to rebuild the other one will be here tonight. New tires tonight also (cooper GT Radials P/235/70/R15).
I hope to have the old girl sitting on her feet this weekend.

Hey Tim / customsportsman,
You may or may not want to hear this --- but I have FOUR ( 4 ) *** N.O.S. *** TWO (2) PIECE *** VERY U.S.A. made ***
1969 - 1972 " C " Body Front HUB & ROTOR ASSEMBLIES!!!!!

Did you already get the *** N.O.S. *** Asbestos *** Brake Pads *** from me ??? You Definitely want to utilize them whether you go
with Chineseum warpable Rotors --- or my *** U.S.A. Rotors ****

Yours, Craig......

Hey Tim / customsportsman,
You may or may not want to hear this --- but I have FOUR ( 4 ) *** N.O.S. *** TWO (2) PIECE *** VERY U.S.A. made ***
1969 - 1972 " C " Body Front HUB & ROTOR ASSEMBLIES!!!!!

Did you already get the *** N.O.S. *** Asbestos *** Brake Pads *** from me ??? You Definitely want to utilize them whether you go
with Chineseum warpable Rotors --- or my *** U.S.A. Rotors ****

Yours, Craig......

Chineseum "pre-warped" Rotors

Here are a few photos of the last couple of days funsies. I wish I had a quality tubing Bender, but I did the best I could with what I had.
I'm glad I kept the pedal also out of the 72 New Yorker. I now have proper pedal for power brakes with the proper pivot point. between the new suspension and the new brakes this thing's going to drive wonderful. The new leaf spring should be here in a couple of weeks

IMG_20240309_123927363_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240312_203653498.jpg

IMG_20240319_162233899.jpg

IMG_20240319_162301152.jpg

IMG_20240319_202507415.jpg

IMG_20240319_202525401.jpg

Is that the original 1972 metering valve? If so was it rebuilt? My 73 is kinda rusty and im wondering if i should have it gone thru or buy an after market one.

Back