A New Ride

Scott - you dog, what a great car!

Tell us what it is like to flip a switch and actually have an option work.
FYI - Those black oscillating things on the windshield are wipers..... that work.:lol:

The next time you will be surrounded by that much red velour is when they drop you in the ground.

Seriously, very nice ride - very envious.

Thanks everyone for the comments, I'd have been an idiot not to buy this one, and I didn't even look at the car other than when I drove by. Having a seasoned mechanic go through the car was all I needed to make up my mind. It's way nicer than I deserve. I'll even get to wash and wax this one! I already had a friend ask about buying the car, it's that nice. I know there is a spot for it in storage for the winter, and I have two car covers I've never used that can keep it safe from dust or birds. I'll be driving this a lot this summer and fall.

Nice buy. That model is just classic and will always look good.
Dad had an ‘83 in Nightwatch Blue inside and out with leather. Beautiful car. Guys that worked for him were lining up to buy that thing as soon as he turned it in. The first thing I was gonna do was a set of H.D. shocks all around. The car leaned a little more than I liked with a few guys in it.

Am I the only one that thinks about Mike's car from Breaking Bad when I see a Fifth Avenue?

latest?cb=20160224025013.png

Nice buy. That model is just classic and will always look good.
Dad had an ‘83 in Nightwatch Blue inside and out with leather. Beautiful car. Guys that worked for him were lining up to buy that thing as soon as he turned it in. The first thing I was gonna do was a set of H.D. shocks all around. The car leaned a little more than I liked with a few guys in it.
What I enjoy about your posts is I was also pouring over all the documents and details sent home every year for the ordering of corporate lease cars. I knew all the colors and options, could have worked at a dealership. Nightwatch Blue - good memories

What I enjoy about your posts is I was also pouring over all the documents and details sent home every year for the ordering of corporate lease cars. I knew all the colors and options, could have worked at a dealership. Nightwatch Blue - good memories
Me too. Dad brought all those books home to order his company cars. Usually around end of August. Those books were way more exiting to leaf through than the Sears Christmas Toy catalog!
(You can check out pics of a few of the 100 plus company cars Dad had over the years in my Photo Garages)

Last edited:
Looks like you made a great score with the 5th Avenue. She sure is clean.
:thumbsup:

You'll sure be turning a lot of heads.....at the country club, lol.:lol:

Looks like you made a great score with the 5th Avenue. She sure is clean.
:thumbsup:

You'll sure be turning a lot of heads.....at the country club, lol.:lol:
I get a lot of looks driving this car, I even had a twelve year old asking about it tonight when I was filling up the tank. It managed 15.3 mpg with mixed driving after I put on 225 miles this past week.

I think this guy's car needs white wall tires.... but I'm not gonna tell him!!

latest-cb-20160224025013-png.png

I used the Fifth Avenue as a parts runner yesterday, put over 300 miles on it getting a 22" radiator and a mint shroud, for $125, for one of the 66's. The car got over 22 mpg, mostly at 70mph. The car handles like it's on rails, much better than pretty much everything else I own. It's a pleasure to drive!

I used the Fifth Avenue as a parts runner yesterday, put over 300 miles on it getting a 22" radiator and a mint shroud, for $125, for one of the 66's. The car got over 22 mpg, mostly at 70mph. The car handles like it's on rails, much better than pretty much everything else I own. It's a pleasure to drive!

Love your new ride!

I bought a 1984 Chrysler Fifth Avenue yesterday. It's identical to one I owned 15-16 years ago expect it has velour vs Corinthian leather, and Snowflake wheels.

A mechanic friend pulled it out of a storage unit across the street from his shop, replaced the fuel tank and sending unit, and found correct wheel covers.

View attachment 475885
View attachment 475886
View attachment 475887

It floats down the road, and all the accessories work. 41,385 miles on the clock. Gonna be my daily until the weather turns.

View attachment 475888

Wow! I know it’s been said already but what a beautiful car! My grandfather had the same model/year/color. My grandparents felt like a million bucks driving it. We felt like we were fancy driving with him as kids. Loved the long drives to Ogunquit ME in it. It was a smooth ride and comfy for sure. Loved the plush red velour at the time. Enjoy!

The car got over 22 mpg, mostly at 70mph. The car handles like it's on rails, much better than pretty much everything else I own. It's a pleasure to drive!

That's pretty much what I'm getting with my 318 in the Imperial. Average 20-22mpg on my yearly run up to St. Peter.

In September? So that's your car I've seen in the past.
Most likely, but haven't made the past two shows. I'm planning on getting up there this year. As long as my mechanic can figure out whats really going on under that hood.

Back