A Nice Little Read about the 73 Imperial

DocMcNeedy

"Iggy my Mc-Bum-Fuk"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I nice little read and some pics for those that like this model.
Fresh Metal: 1973 Imperial LeBaron
73cream.jpg

black73.jpg

I've read that many times and fall in love with my 73 more with each reading.

Then to have the pleasure of actually driving her last November - no modern luxury car comes close to an imperial.

Whilst true that modern cars are safer and more fuel efficient - i wouldn't swap my 73 for one. Shame they can't be remade today with modern safety like crumple zones and airbags etc, surely they'd sell???

Still, at least I have one, and doc is building a fleet.

Lol, more power to you doc.

I do love the cars... but...
"Imperial always had an identity issue. It always looked as though it was trying to mock GM and Chrysler, then their rendition of the two. The styling was coined by Chrysler as “the fuselage look” for their architecture. Imperials were always such beautiful creations. "
Maybe it's my ability to comprehend what I read... but WTF is this guy trying to say?

"the absolute embarrassment was the fact that the very last car designed and built under the exclusive “Imperial” brand and named “Imperial” was badge engineered as “New Yorker Brougham” from 1976-1978."

I suppose this indicates the author's viewpoint, and preferences... I'm thrilled to own mine. A nice write up here for the 74-75 models.
1974-1975 Imperial LeBaron cars

Probably meant GM and Ford, implying it tried to mock their luxury cars.

Not embarrassing at all considering the probable low sales had the imperial name continued, lots more folks could drive what was in all aspects but name an imperial.

I've read that many times and fall in love with my 73 more with each reading.

Then to have the pleasure of actually driving her last November - no modern luxury car comes close to an imperial.

Whilst true that modern cars are safer and more fuel efficient - i wouldn't swap my 73 for one. Shame they can't be remade today with modern safety like crumple zones and airbags etc, surely they'd sell???

Still, at least I have one, and doc is building a fleet.

Lol, more power to you doc.
unless maybe a white one.:poke::rofl:
imperialredmeme.jpg

My father had a leased Imperial in 72.He loved it.Gold metallic with gold brocade.I was 7 years old.The car would swallow you when you got in.Nothing like giant car traveling.B.B

Back