A "WIW" question on the B-body forum...

And it listed as in Trenton. Not Eastampton as the B bodies guy location suggests
That's probably why I didn't see it, although I search South Jersey, usually the nearby areas also show up. Power windows, AC, charcoal grey with buckets, 30 minutes from me. I just don't have the cash, plain and simple. My daughter really wants to drive the 300 "parts car", but this would alleviate the grief and aggravation ( LOL) of getting that one road worthy!

:BangHead:

Having seen the interior now, and even with the uncertainty about why it was parked, my estimate of what it is worth is above what he is asking. It likely wouldn't take all that much to get it road ready and clean it up and install an NOS trim strip on the front fender and buff it and sell it to Europe for double that amount, the only "if" being whether Europe would really go for one without a big block. If that were a 72, I would have bought it by now...............................

I do wonder what is going on at the front of the car in the first photo with all the boxes up there and some metal pieces as well. Are they hiding anything?

Last edited:
Having seen the interior now, and even with the uncertainty about why it was parked, my estimate of what it is worth is above what he is asking. It likely wouldn't take all that much to get it road ready and clean it up and install an NOS trim strip on the front fender and buff it and sell it to Europe for double that amount, the only "if" being whether Europe would really go for one without a big block. If that were a 72, I would have bought it by now...............................

I do wonder what is going on at the front of the car in the first photo with all the boxes up there and some metal pieces as well. Are they hiding anything?

I decided to call the guy selling it to find out more about it. When I asked why the trim on the front fender was off, he responded that the car has been repainted and that the color is a very dark blue, and that the trim was all there but not all installed. So that is a big negative since who knows what lies under the paint being it is in New Jersey? He said there was a registration sticker on the car for 2015 but it is hard to know what that means. The seller is a real estate guy and bought the house through an estate sale, and the car was just left there as part of the sale with no key as stated. He also said someone had replaced the carburetor, and since it would be a Holley 2 bbl, that is understandable, and probably why someone stopped driving it (the air horns warp upward because the air cleaner hold down is mounted in the air horn and doesn't go all the way down to the throttle body, and tightening the air cleaner down ends up warping the air horn after time/cycles, thus creating a vacuum leak and poor running). He also said there might be some rust inside the lower rear quarters, and usually if that is the case, there is usually rust on the exterior as well. With a repaint, it would probaby take a coating thickness meter to find out. My value estimate went below his asking price as a result of these findings. Over time, I have found out, sometimes the hard way, buying an Eastern car is very risky in terms of rust unless you have a way to determine just how much it really has.

They left off the leading 1 in that mileage statement.

Those bucket seat seams wouldn't have held up so well if that were the case. I have a car with documented 50K miles on it with those seats and they are ripped at the seams already.

Those bucket seat seams wouldn't have held up so well if that were the case. I have a car with documented 50K miles on it with those seats and they are ripped at the seams already.

No there's something about the engine bay that just doesn't sit right with me. It's screaming to me 100K+.

I don't think Europe would be hungry for it.
73 Furys are really not the ultimate styling for many.
The most requested are the 69-71 models

Carsten

Back