Ac clutch help

Show us pictures please.

Remember you CAN get your original clutch rebuilt, which in retrospect sounds like the best way for both of you.

Heres one I had. Note the offset of the belts

20180705_113755.jpg

Maybe a picture back a couple of feet. Can't tell if the compressor is mounted in the correct location or what the deal is causing the one inch gap...

Agreed - several angles from a bit farther away please.

As I look at it though, something doesn't look right there - I had a 66 Monaco with big block and AC and there was no muffler that close to the the pulley... did you mount that compressor from another car/year/engine?

Agreed - several angles from a bit farther away please.

As I look at it though, something doesn't look right there - I had a 66 Monaco with big block and AC and there was no muffler that close to the the pulley... did you mount that compressor from another car/year/engine?

Or a mounting bracket backwards?

Unfortunately the compressor was removed last week because the shaft had sheared. Here are some pics of the remaining brackets. And the clutch off the compressor

20180705_120427.jpg

20180705_120319.jpg

20180705_120328.jpg

20180705_120411.jpg

OK - 66 Polara with 318 wideblock. That helps.

That clutch looks exactly like what are on my cars.

Remember that a pic on a parts store website may not look anything like the actual part - often they substitute a generic photo of a similar part.

You realize that if the shaft sheared you need a new compressor, right? You can buy a compressor and clutch as a unit.

Back