AC/Delco

70NPORT

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Anyone have problems with these?
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1001389&cc=1066249

I just had a second one crap out (will not maintain batt charge level). translation: alt needle is dead on "D" ..discharge, not a good thing. The funny thing is I have original OEM alternator as a "just in case" spare part I hang on to. It is a used piece from another car I had but works flawlessly.
I got about 3 mons. out of the AC/Delco. One day (yesterday) it works, the next day it doesn't, there's no indication its about to self destruct. This is the second time for this nonsense :eusa_think:.

I see where some people have switched to the smaller nippondenso alt. Better/Worse? Need a new wiring harness for those? PITA factor?

I was going to put one of those on my B-cuda lighter and fits better with elephant ears, my buddy has a alternator shop I can ask himwhich one off what car dual pulley v-belt? I don't know if they are better just newer/newer cores if it is some oddball car that it comes from its no good because A.Z./ advance won't have one if your stuck on road somewhere with a bastard part. I know A.Z. always has one for a 77 BB a/c p.u. truck but not for 70 dodge challenger. I do know that the 70 up flat voltage regulator will control the nippondenso alt. but you need the weather pack connector on the alt side. They have higher amp rating which is good if your going to install t.v. screens in headrest for your passengers LOL but hard on wiring, amp gauge, and bulkhead connector.

Back