Accurate Exhaust getting rid of C-Body Inventory for good.

Since Accurate is discontinuing C-body stuff, it would behoove me to think they would provide you with their muffler source if you asked them.
The source is most likely in Mexico or Canada who then could provide you with other retailers.

Nothing is easy with C-bodies. Separates the men from the Chevy fanbois.
Good Idea, They still had the mufflers, the right hand tailpipe hanger and tailpipes. I only got the mufflers because they are way too pricey on everything else. Maybe that's why they weren't selling.

I think that with C-bodies, there is always the balance of functionality v. originality. TTI works well and fits great. It also isn't a duplicate of the original exhaust. I really don't know if any of the exhaust pipe vendors offer a "correct" exhaust that is true to what the factory installed. The Midas shop sure isn't going to give a crap about the correct hangers either.

I don't know why Accurate has made this decision. Perhaps they've had no sales, or perhaps they lost the capability for some reason. I think that would be a good question to ask them.

I don't think I have to ask them Big John.
Supply & DEMAND.
Yea, there's definitely a bigger demand for E and B body stuff. Us C-body guys get the shitty end of the stick again.

But... from being in business myself, I can tell you that small customers count in the bottom line too.

IMO, one possible issue is that Accurate has raised their prices out of sight since getting the advertising from tv shows like Graveyard Carz. They've probably had an increase in demand and so they've exceeded Market Equalibrium with their price and instead of reducing the price they're cutting some lower producing lines so they can concentrate on higher producing lines. Can't blame them if this is these case, that's just smart business but as someone above stated, they must already have the patterns for these pipes so why not do it on a custom order basis or short runs at slow times?

Everyone can argue from a thousand "Why can't they...." point of views.
They're not going to.
Let's move on to actual solutions. As in alternatives.

Like some of the other guys said I doubt that you'll get a 100% "factory" exhaust. With that said there are a ll of people in the Butler area that are big into cars. A quick search for an exhaust shop in Butler yielded these guys.

Iarrapino’s Muffler & Brake Shop
404 West Cunningham Street, Butler, PA 16001

Like some of the other guys said I doubt that you'll get a 100% "factory" exhaust. With that said there are a ll of people in the Butler area that are big into cars. A quick search for an exhaust shop in Butler yielded these guys.

Iarrapino’s Muffler & Brake Shop
404 West Cunningham Street, Butler, PA 16001
Thanks, I forgot about them. I talked with them a while ago and the cust. serv. left a little to be desired but it's a small shop and they were probably very busy. I'll contact them again.

Did you guys from Butler know my old friend, Tom Baumgart?

I've spoken with Waldron Exhaust a couple of times and he is willing to bend pipes for me if I can get my exhaust pipes off in one piece. The problem with him is he outsources his mufflers and will neck down the exhaust pipe to go into a 2-1/4 muffler inlet. The guy building the mufflers doesn't do 2-1/2 inlets for some reason.
I used Waldron's for tailpipes for my '70 300 convert 440 TNT. I had a set of nos tailpipes and they duplicated them exactly. Can't say enough good about them. They are the very best. They really worked with me.

Did you guys from Butler know my old friend, Tom Baumgart?
Sorry, I don't. I live about 1/2 hour Southwest of Butler and only for the last 13 years. I grew up just south of Lake Erie in the Meadville, PA area.

I think Tom left Butler about 12 or 13 years ago for Florida and then unfortunately passed away a couple years later. He was a pretty well known Mopar guy from that area. He had a green A12 Roadrunner known as the "Pickle"

have you tried : NEVER-RUST EXHAUST SYSTEMS
4279 OHIO RIVER BLVD
PITTSBURGH,PA 15202
PHONE # 412-766-7775

they do custom exhaust for muscle cars

That's just crazy.

If they make/bend the pipes themselves, why would they do that? I can understand not keeping inventory, but geez... you just feed the pipe into the bender if you need to make some.
Supply, demand and time is the answer. Not a crazy discision but calculated/quantified business sense. Moving 1000 A-B and E exhaust systems to one "C" body exhaust system does not take rocket science to figure out where production resources need to be applied. Also when accessories are no longer available for these applications we can no longer offer complete exhaust systems as before. Lets take a look at pricing. It costs more in material and labor to manufacture "C" body exhaust components than most other body styles. Regarding pipe manufacturing- one does not simply feed a pipe into one end of a machine and a pipe spits out the other end completed ready for installation. If the demand and accessory availability returns to what it was when we first began manufacturing "C" body exhaust components many years ago we will definitely reconsider going back into production. Until then please do not hesitate to check with us just in case we may have some old stock in inventory.
Regards, Tom
Accurate LTD

Supply, demand and time is the answer. Not a crazy discision but calculated/quantified business sense. Moving 1000 A-B and E exhaust systems to one "C" body exhaust system does not take rocket science to figure out where production resources need to be applied. Also when accessories are no longer available for these applications we can no longer offer complete exhaust systems as before. Lets take a look at pricing. It costs more in material and labor to manufacture "C" body exhaust components than most other body styles. Regarding pipe manufacturing- one does not simply feed a pipe into one end of a machine and a pipe spits out the other end completed ready for installation. If the demand and accessory availability returns to what it was when we first began manufacturing "C" body exhaust components many years ago we will definitely reconsider going back into production. Until then please do not hesitate to check with us just in case we may have some old stock in inventory.
Regards, Tom
Accurate LTD

Being a retired business owner, I understand the decision to focus your resources where the money is. Makes sense and it's what I would do. I might question the 1000:1 ratio, but I get that we C body owners are a small blip on the screen.

But since you decided to quote me.....

First, I apologize if I over simplified your process. While I may not have the details, I'll bet I have a pretty good idea what would be involved in manufacturing your product and no, it's not just bending up some pipe. I did not mean to make it sound easy, but I would also defend my statement by saying that the processes and tooling are still there should you want to build C body pipes. If there are "accessories" to your parts that you don't produce yourself and are no longer available, I wasn't aware of that.

What I don't quite understand is why you feel the need to defend your decision here to our small business segment six months later. That says to me that you may be second guessing your decision... or is it hedging your bet? Is that ratio really 1000:1?

The C body market is starting to expand. I think it's driven by simple economics (most can't afford an E body) and the desire for something different. It's pretty easy to see that there is now and will be a growing demand for aftermarket and reproduction parts. If you chose to be a part of that, that's great. If not, I hope someone else picks up on it.

Either way, I wish the best for you and your company.

Thank you Tom, for commenting.
We here should all appreciate that a Mopar parts vendor has his ears to the wall of a C-body forum. Better than most who reply with "Well, we show one for a B-body. Will that fit?".
NO! :mad:

when people ask where do I get an exhaust for a C body the answer is TTI, Accurate is never even mentioned. Seems to me they stopped producing and guys didnt even know they were an option. If they were available, someone should have said something

Back