Admirals tow mirrors

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I installed the tow mirrors on the Admiral today. In anticipation of the road trip to the Mopars at Garlits show in Florida next month.
I'm glad I did this before the car was painted. They were somewhat of a challenge to get right, some cussing was involved.
I think I'll also install a satellite fisheye mirror and bracket on the right side to avoid any blind spots.

DSC02318 (Large).jpg

DSC02319 (Large).jpg

DSC02320 (Large).jpg

Nice work Will!

That'll help out a lot when towing the camper.

I feel like it's 1970 again.
If you're going to go retro, do it all or nothing.
The perfect mirrors for that car and trailer.

Someone will see those and in six months they'll be selling DVD monitors for the fenders.

Nice set up Will, I can't wait to see the Admiral .....cool as Hell wagon

i like those mirrors! a lot more than the mirrors on my doors which just sucks...

Well done Will. Don't be afraid to experiment a little with the pivot arm from the tripod to the back of the mirror once you get hooked up. As you spread those mirrorz out a bit further to the side you increase your vision directly behind your wagon. Ah little trick you learn when hauling over dimensional stuff and it's alwayz good to see where yeah been and whoz drafting you. I had 30" telescoping shafts on both sidez when I had something on my back over 14'

Well done Will. Don't be afraid to experiment a little with the pivot arm from the tripod to the back of the mirror once you get hooked up. As you spread those mirrorz out a bit further to the side you increase your vision directly behind your wagon.

Thanks Jer. You can see in the pictures that I can rotate the mirror mount brace 180 degrees out and gain quite a lot in my field of vision. It will also increase the vehicle width. Don't want to be going down the road clicking mirrors with the fellow vintage RV'ers.

Sweet. Reminds me of my youth, we had the same mirrors on our wagon when we pulled the trailer.

Back