Aftermarket bulbs?

Wile E Coyote

Super Genius
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of lights/bulbs these are?
IMG_4637.jpg
IMG_4637.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

Its a curly neon looking type bulb. They are added on my green hornet imperial - and none of them are working. The original headlight bulbs are gone and aftermarket housings are in their place. Two of the headlight bulbs are HID. Then the other two headlights have these bulbs in them. They also added these bulbs in place of the reverse bulbs, and added two into the sides of the front parking light housings; six in total and none of them are working.
Here are some pictures of one that I broke:
IMG_4661.jpg
IMG_4662.jpg
IMG_4663.jpg
IMG_4664.jpg
IMG_4666.jpg

I've never played with those, but you're likely right, some type of gas and the curled envelope will increase the gas volume and most likely the lumens. Just give Kato a call, eh??

The HID would probably be some kind of conversion kit Those 194-types might be similar, but the HIDs require some sort of high voltage converter, but that wiring doesn't seem to support that?

CBODY67

They're strobes. You would drill a hole in you factory light and install them. Used in LE, fire, construction vehicles, etc. They came in 2,4,6, and 8 light packages along with a control box.

So THAT means there should be a control box somewhere?

CBODY67

They won't work without one. Depending on the brand, Whelen, Federal, Code 3 to name a few. You had lots of options. Flash speeds, patterns, etc. LED's have made strobes obsolete.

They could technically be added to a security system too. Never seen those used just as regular bulbs!?

Back