AfterMarket Dual Exhaust system

Accurate Exhaust and TTI.
Otherwise any local shop worth their salt.
Please use clamps at all connections, not welds, and hang the system properly like the factory did. Don't use universal one size fits all but your car hangers.

Thanks you read my mind! Accurate Exhaust looked the best. I have an old fella that did my 1-Ton Welding Truck and My Dads(now mine) 68 Monaco. but he's getting along in years and has started to cut corners i was told. He was the only guy I trusted, besides myself, lol! to do the job and get all the clearances right.

I had good luck with TTI for my 68 Monaco 500. A true DIY bolt in system in a box (coming from someone as technically challenged as myself).

Just ordered a TTI system for my car. 10% show discount at Carlisle.

I'm in love!!! 1960 to 1974 V8 Dual All SS With DCE Mufflers!!! 1130.00. waldronexhaust.com. Talked to two shops today that won't touch the job for less than 2.000 in Stainless.

I'm in love!!! 1960 to 1974 V8 Dual All SS With DCE Mufflers!!! 1130.00. waldronexhaust.com. Talked to two shops today that won't touch the job for less than 2.000 in Stainless.

Wait, what? The fanciest, most artisanal hipster exhaust shop in Austin just quoted me 800.00 for stainless on a 68 C body, probably slightly less overall than TTI plus your time to bolt it in. 2,000? What the hell?

There are HP manifolds on the car, courtesy the previous owner.

The exhaust system on the car leaves a little to be desired though. 2" duals with short Flowmaster type mufflers and cheap muffler shop pipes. I had tamed the noise down quite a bit by adding a short glass pack muffler to the tailpipes where a resonator would go. That was kind of a bandaid and I had hoped to put the exhaust system off for a bit. It actually sounded pretty good after that.

I wanted to look for a deal while at Carlisle and maybe buy if the price was right. It got noisier on the ride down and you can hear the baffles rattling around in one (or both) of the mufflers. That pushed me into not waiting.

I talked to another exhaust pipe vendor there and after hearing "I don't know" a couple times, I decided to pry open my wallet and buy what I know would work.

tti wont be quite

My tti, 3" with the Super Flo mufflers, is way quieter than my crap exhaust before it. I can carry on a conversation without yelling to the person next to me. Stomp the loud pedal and it gets louder, but it's quiet enough, I think its too quiet sometimes.

My complaints with my kit are:

1) I had to shave a nut down to fit in the bend on the the first pipe after the headers. I think if you go 2.5" you won't have a problem.

2) The second pipe, the one with the cross-over, came squished in the packaging and the opening at the front was squared, not round. Both sides somewhat, but the drivers was worse, had to pull it out quite a bit. Channel locks and problem fixed.

3) For my 66 the tail pipes were (are) a little long, maybe 3-4". The tips go on just before the bumper and stick out past the bumper. A fusie should be just fine.

I agree with Commando that universal mounts aren't the best. I would have preferred a different option for the tail pipes, but as my car had nothing, they were all good.

Other than that little list of issues, I love the tti exhaust. I think it sounds great, isn't loud when I don't want it to be and I did it myself with basic tools.

Back