For Sale Air cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is at $99 so far. Same style in orange.
1970 - 1973 MOPAR DUAL SNORKEL AIR CLEANER 400 | eBay

This blue, or black, one is interesting.
Mopar Dodge Dual Snorkel Air Cleaner Assembly | eBay

s-l16011110.jpg
s-l500.jpg

Here's one I picked up for $50 as I have been looking for a 4bbl air cleaner to replace the chrome air cleaner with a 5 1/8" opening.

air_cleaner_01.jpg
air_cleaner_03.jpg

The air cleaner we are all guessing about is NOT a '71? What does the '71 air cleaner look like and was it on any V-8 engine that year? Was it black?

72_400_01.jpg

1972-73 400 4-Barrel. These look very similar to 1970 air cleaners but snorkel design is different.

Quoted from Nicks garage

On 70's cleaners only - the circled line on both snorkels is straight and they are black crinkle painted

71 and 72 it has the hump on the pass side

71 is black

72 is orange

other minor hose nipple / routing diffs between 71 and 72

upload_2016-12-6_17-59-8.png

Last edited:
Facinating, captain. I'd like to possibly get a dual snorkel for my '66 Fury I and connect some hosing to it somehow and do like the set-up on the '64 Ford Thunderbolts. Is there a dual snorkel air cleaner that was used in '65-'67 that I could use, so it would look closer to a factory '66 set-up?

Right, right. I'll have to find out if a dual snorkel was used on any of the mid-'60's models. I could fabricate a rectangle-to-round adaptor that would work. If not, I may go another route to cooldom under the hood, like maybe a custom, one-off aluminum air cleaner that would look like a trick, factory race accessory that was dealer installed. I'm also thinking about using that hemi crinkle paint that was used on the valve covers on my poly valve covers. I wonder if it can be had in different colors? I guess I could always paint over the black if not. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back