Amazing crash with the driver walking away

Insane! either not strapped in or the belts failed?

He is one lucky guy!

He should be asking, Where's the nearest PowerBall lotto ticket booth?!

This video is all over facebook & I even saw it on the local news today. 100% driver error & not being strapped in is not smart.

I have a roll cage and a 5-point harness. I don't care what the NHRA or track rules are, I'm wearing my harness every single pass.

I read a comment from someone that claimed to have been there. He said that the belts pulled out of the floor. I don't know...

The helmet came off pretty fast too... Making me wonder if that was strapped.

The track looks sketchy, so I would imagine the prerace inspection (if there was one) wasn't the most thorough.

When I raced on Sunday there was NO tech. Line up & go, hope everything goes well. I only lined up beside guys who I'd seen make other passes.

The chevy driver broke the rule that causes most track mishaps, DO NOT STAY IN IT when things go wrong.

No tech?? Geez...

I don't think I would race there.

My buddies wore shorts & no helmet. I wore fire jacket, helmet & 5 point.

I've never understood the fireproof jacket thing. If you're on fire, I really wouldn't be looking to sacrifice my legs. It seems to me that if you feel you need fireproof gear, you need all fireproof gear, right?

Never did see how a x made.a good.car frame, great for marking spots, picnic bench and table legs, but a solid platform to hang a suspension not really.

I've never understood the fireproof jacket thing. If you're on fire, I really wouldn't be looking to sacrifice my legs. It seems to me that if you feel you need fireproof gear, you need all fireproof gear, right?
Vital organs are mainly in the chest cavity.

I have an extinguisher in the car, wear leather boots & really don't want my legs or hands to get burned but it still beats the piss out of having your lungs evaporated.

No interest in kissing Death on the lips anymore.
Too many times. Way too many.
Do it enough and she'll eventually slip you the tongue.

Posted via Topify on Android

Back