Another Road Trip, Another C- Body ('71 Chrysler 300)

Nothing is impossible given enough time skill and $$$$ but this seems too far gone. Still, it's good to have saved the useable parts in any case. Well done and thanks you're a credit to the hobby.

I cant believe it is still out there. A lot of good desirable parts for the right guy..... 71 Polara383 could use this car

I did attempt to turn the engine over with a breaker bar and socket on the crank bolt, but couldn't reach it from the top. I'll need to jack the car up and try it from underneath. I won't be able to do that or check the frame/floors as requested, until late March. I'm working out of town for the next month.

Sometimes, if the starter works, you could just add a battery and do a short, quick turn of the key to see if it spins.
Thanks for checking when you can. The more I look at that car, the more I believe it should and could be saved. They are few and far between anymore. That one has good colors and is nicely optioned. And I have the body/paint guy with the skills to "make it great again".

Also, could you take a couple more photos of the rust spots down low, like ahead and behind the rear wheel(s) and a couple of the underbody to get a better idea of what is going on under there?

Thanks!

Last edited:
All: I appreciate the interest that this car has generated. As of today it has been sold and is now residing in the garage of its new owner approximately 4 miles from my house! He intends to get it running, and perhaps doing the necessary body repairs. Hopefully I'll see it cruising around the neighborhood someday.

All: I appreciate the interest that this car has generated. As of today it has been sold and is now residing in the garage of its new owner approximately 4 miles from my house! He intends to get it running, and perhaps doing the necessary body repairs. Hopefully I'll see it cruising around the neighborhood someday.

I missed out on that one, but it is also good that the new owner has some plans to fix it up. But if he gets weary, you have my contact information. Those color combinations and options are rare enough and desirable enough, that it deserves to be saved. This is my vision of close to how it deserves to turn out:

520976491cc3dbbe0871c487710d8771.jpg

I would just add some road wheels and line up the door trim. Glad it found a good home and is now in a garage.

Back