Antique Dodge Polara Good Condition for Sale (Sherman Oaks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got dealt a double edged sword.
Every square inch and nook & cranny under the hood got hit with Zeibart.
Underneath it's pristine but the only thing that removes it is acetone. Ugh.
I'll leave it and keep the hood closed.........

Didn't you remove your engine, paint everything, and put it back together?

I didn't remove the engine, but stripped it to the block, heads, intake and removed the inner fenders after a through power wash.
I painted the red first, then the engine and lastly the black sub frame, and componants. Everything else got refinished befor reinstalling. The tubs I had sandblasted and then painted the engine side semi gloss black and the underside with rubberized undercoating. Bare metal parts got a rustolium crystal clear coating and the air filter housing was black wrinkle powder coated with a steel powder coated base plate.
Lots of masking tape and paper. Most everything was done with parts store rattle cans.

69 engine detail progress 2 (Large).jpg

69 engine detail progress (Large).jpg

engine assembled (Large).jpg

I got dealt a double edged sword.
Every square inch and nook & cranny under the hood got hit with Zeibart.
Underneath it's pristine but the only thing that removes it is acetone. Ugh.
I'll leave it and keep the hood closed.........
Let's see it.

x10...........WOW!!!
Wow is right. That's how you do it right there.

Carsten, your nuts! We disagree completely

I am sorry.
That is my personal problem with 70/71 Dodges.
The 70 Polara is perfect from the outside. From every angle. But I can't look at the dash.
In 71 the dash is nice and the seats are better (I can live with the 70 seats though) but taillights on the 71s are ugly. No matter if Polara or Monaco. And the 71 grill is ugly, too. It is not sitting deep inside as 70 but looks like as if it wants to crawl out.

Carsten

Carsten, I could take what anybody would consider the most beautiful cars in the world or take what I see as the most beautiful cars in the world and still tear any one of them to shreds if you break down every component of the vehicle far enough. I'm in awe of my car's beauty but I can complain about how ucking fugly the speedometer is along with other things.
The only exception I can make personally is any K car, though. Damn. I can't even stand the thought of them but I know somehow people can find some beauty in them.

< Sent from my tablet >

Last edited:
I know what you mean Stan. And you are absolutly right.

To me it is just a little bit strange on the 70/71 Polaras. I really do love the outer styling (as I love all the chrome loop bumper Mopars). Just the 69/70 dash is really ugly to me while all other fuselage dashes are nice (Fury, Chryslers, Imperial). It is simply not "as nice", it is plain ugly to me. Then in 71 the problem is solved (yipiiiiiie). But the front grill and tailight section destroys it for me. Back is ok and not worse but 70 a lot nicer. But the 71 front grille is a nightmare.

So if I would really buy a 71 in the right colour combo I would install 70 Polara grill and back panel. It could be returned to stock without damaging anything. It is just my personal taste.

And somehow I feel now that Dave would never sell me his 71 :))))

Carsten

Nice, you have a lot less patina under the hood than I do. Damn......you have a thermoguard cover. Did you put in the heater hose flush valve?

But it needs a refill.:laughing4:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back