Any FiTech Throttle Body Users here?

Watching this install.
Am i wrong in my reading of the Fitech Fuel System that i do not need a fuel return line back to the rear tank? Does it not recirculate or just recirc back to the new remote tank?

My understanding is when using the remote fuel command center (sump) the only line running back to the tank is for the vent.

If going with the inline electric fuel pump or in tank pump, the the fuel return line back to the tank is necessary.

Fingers crossed that the FiTech sump works out well, but if not it is a fairly easy swap out to another brand if needed.

My understanding is when using the remote fuel command center (sump) the only line running back to the tank is for the vent.

If going with the inline electric fuel pump or in tank pump, the the fuel return line back to the tank is necessary.

Fingers crossed that the FiTech sump works out well, but if not it is a fairly easy swap out to another brand if needed.

Absolutely correct about the vent line goinback to the tank.

As for the value, I hunk it's completely up to the individual. I think I maybe have a 10% increase in fuel mileage. There are still a few more areas that I can smooth out for better mileage as well. The stock fuel map is not mean for anything more than initial start up. I love the ability to effortlessly tune it. I can't speak for fitech but the Holley software is amazing.

Either way i would need to run a new line all the back to my rear tank or vent on the Monaco? An item not mentioned in most of the data sheets i see online.

If you use the remote-mount sump, no. Those are designed to eliminate the need for a return line to the tank. You only need a return line to the tank if you're going with an in-tank pump or an externally-mounted pump with a line directly to the EFI unit.

If you use the remote-mount sump, no. Those are designed to eliminate the need for a return line to the tank. You only need a return line to the tank if you're going with an in-tank pump or an externally-mounted pump with a line directly to the EFI unit.

Thanks.
Makes sense.

It is supposed to be vented into the tanks vent line. So yes, you would run a line back to the tank. This is presumingly to remove fuel vapors fron the engine bay so it wont catch fire. Im not sure why it couldnt be vented to the aircleaner just like a carb!?

I didnt run a line for the vent back to the tank and it works just fine, however, it still smells line a carbed engine

Carb vents into the air cleaner except for earlier. Not a fan of that idea and they are on top center not near exhaust manifolds.

I have put a hardline to the aircleaner for it. Working on replacing the rubber for braided also.

IMG_20180115_152758.jpg

IMG_20180115_152752.jpg

Reviving this thread in the hopes of comparing some notes while trying to also diagnose a hot start problem I am having with my FiTech.

On warm days (90F +), my engine usually won’t start after short stop... say 30 minutes or less. It fires right up at a cold start and runs great the entire time. But after a short stop, it acts like it is flooded. The control panel will turn on for a brief moment, but then goes blank. Try again and just crank with no start. My solution, pop the hood, let it cool down for a long while, then check the control panel. If it stays lit, it fire right up.

the feeling that it is flooded got me doing some research and I found some information about the cranking fuel Prime shot at various temperatures. Apparently mine was kept at the factory settings when it was installed: 259 prime shot, 0.0 at 20F, 0.0 at 65F and 0.0 at 170F. Soooooo, I figured I’d lower the prime shots at the various temperatures. I put in0.0 at 20F, -20.0 at 65F and -50.0 at 170F. Went for a drive, got it warmed up stopped for a bit, same problem.

If anyone else out there has a FiTech, I’d love to know what your cranking fuel prime shots are set at.

Last edited:
Back