Any FiTech Throttle Body Users here?

SPF Required

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am getting ever closer to having the '68 300 back from the engine rebuilding project that seams like it will never end... I am swapping out the carb for an FiTech GO600 and can already envision some major fitment problems with the stock, drop base air cleaner hitting the fuel supply and return lines Maybe the throttle linkage too). It seams like the easiest fix is to change out the air cleaner...

Curious if anyone here is running a FiTech (or other EFI) and what air cleaner set up you ended up using?

I'd be interested to know what you find out. Have you contacted the manufacturer or didtributors?

Have you contacted the manufacturer or distributors?

Sent an email off to FiTech this morning... I will let you all know what they say IF they write back. but wanted to check you all you guys too. I have found lots of "fixes" online with the use of 90's on the supply side and banjo fittings on the return side of the fuel lines (Which I might do at a later time). A flat base air cleaner would certainly work, but then there might be clearance issues with the hood... etc, etc, etc.

Please post plenty of pictures as you progress with the FI-tech installation please.

Perplexing conundrum, I wouldn't mid switching from carb to EFI but would never want to lose the aesthetics of the air cleaner

I've got the F.A.S.T EZ-EFI on my '68 300 that was installed by the previous owner. Currently has a Spectre (p/n 47622) drop base open element air cleaner with a 3/4" spacer.

I love the EFI system but hate the air cleaner. Would much rather be running a stock air cleaner assembly.

efi.jpg

I'm running a K&N filter. We had to beat the base to clear the throttle body. I can't comment on hood clearance because I have a scoop.
20171109_123942.jpg

I have some regular 14" aircleaner from amazon. I think it was moroso. I dont have much space between the nut and the hood... Ohyeah, i have a spacer underneath and an edelbrock performer 318/360. Im afraid to post those pics, i wish my engine bay would look like what i see here...

Screenshot_20171111-121600.png

Screenshot_20171111-121554.png

I am getting ever closer to having the '68 300 back from the engine rebuilding project that seams like it will never end... I am swapping out the carb for an FiTech GO600 and can already envision some major fitment problems with the stock, drop base air cleaner hitting the fuel supply and return lines Maybe the throttle linkage too). It seams like the easiest fix is to change out the air cleaner...

Curious if anyone here is running a FiTech (or other EFI) and what air cleaner set up you ended up using?
Really, it's a "wait and see" scenario. Not all Mopar air cleaner housings are the same when it comes to "drop" and air cleaner size. I run a dual snorkel air housing with the air gates in both snorkels and it fits fine on my MSD Atomic. This air cleaner is thinner as well. The original dual 1966 wouldn't. I use Silly Putty on top the air cleaner housing to see how much room there is to the underside of the hood sheet metal. Close the hood gently when doing this. Under no circumstances place a spacer under the TBI, There are no fuel bowls in the unit, no percolation so spacers are a waste of money and vertical height. I doubt you can use banjo fittings, the ones that come with the unit are AN (JIC) and use ORB style threaded fittings. This is one spot you don't piss around with 45+ psi of fuel pressure coming down the pipe. You could, if your talented, alter the bottom of your existing air cleaner housing to fit perfectly and look completely in place. Just some options.

Sniper EFI on my 66 300. I'm using an edlebrock air cleaner right now. FWIW I'm also using a single plane Holley intake manifold that's fairly tall. I'm getting ready to pull my motor and trans over the winter. When I do I'm going to put a decent dual plane on it to lower the throttle body back so I can use the stock air filter housing. The pics below are a bit old. I'm now using a lokar kickdown cable and I've re done all my fuel lines.

IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG

Perplexing conundrum, I wouldn't mid switching from carb to EFI but would never want to lose the aesthetics of the air cleaner
Have the same concerns. My search through the Summit website lists all the brands mentioned above. One manufacturer advertised drop down air cleaners would fit, i just can’t find that ad again.
I like the Fitech fuel management idea of the remote tank. Imagine it could be used with other brand EFIs. I think i’d try to eliminate as much rubber fuel line up to the carb as i could.

Thanks for all the information! Very much appreciated. I don’t mind the open element look, just hoping for a little bit of a drop. Looks like a wait and see for sure.

Please post plenty of pictures as you progress with the FI-tech installation please.

Wish I had more pics of every step, but this is all being done by the mechanic and they are not taking as many progress pics as I’d hoped. But here are a couple that you might like:

03D2885C-AEFD-4141-A46D-A84D61089EF4.jpeg

EEA60FBF-F091-4329-91A5-A23FAA0AF0D6.jpeg

I'm using the RobbMC and haven't a lick of issues with it with over 2k on it so far. I was originally going to use the fitech setup but the FCC issues worried me. Good luck with yours, if you run into FCC problems swap to the RobbMC power surge.

I'm holding off until someone markets a port fuel injection system for the price of a new Edlebrock carb... :rolleyes:

AFAIAC TB injection is basically an "electric carburetor" and the only true gain is in the adjustability. For the investment and effort, I would like to gain the advantages of a port system... more even fuel distribution. Also a complete system designed to deal with ethanol fuels would be nice.

Watching this install.
Am i wrong in my reading of the Fitech Fuel System that i do not need a fuel return line back to the rear tank? Does it not recirculate or just recirc back to the new remote tank?

It needs a return line. The remote-mount reservoir is a combination sump, pump, and return vessel. Your stock pump moves fuel to the reservoir , maintaining the level with a carb-like float. The reservoir then pumps the fuel at the right pressure to the EFI unit and provides a place for the return fuel to go.

Some of those units are better than others. In the past, there have been reports of issues with the FiTech unit, but they may have been addressed.

The advantages of EFI go beyond being just electric carbs. They seem to have consistently better cold starting, better running, fewer stumbles, and (once installed) fewer maintenance issues. The trade off is more expense and initial set up.

The summary above is from research and not (yet) personal experience.

I have to say I think these are much better than a electric carb/throttle body. Yes the cylinder to cylinder is not fixed, but the air pressure float bowls are eliminated, the venturi/booster low pressure area (possible icing in lower temps), constant feedback and targeting for cruise fuel air ratio.
I would say that if it gives you a 10% mileage increase it will pay for itself in due time ( like 10 years), and the decreased wear and drivability is a added bonus.

Last edited:
Back